• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Siser ColorPrint Easyweed not coming off onto Mask

Colleen

Noobie
Hi,

We're having issues with our Color Print Easy Weed from Siser. We ordered a new roll (used the same brand in the past) and this roll is causing some issues. We are using the TTD Mask and certain prints have been causing issues where they won't come off onto the mask, and are sticking to the backing of the easyweed. We haven't had this problem in the past.

Just curious if anyone else has had issue like this and what might be causing it, heat from the printer, the needle, ink, the mask? Any ideas? Thank you!!

AKwrapguy

Might not be using enough pressure when putting down the pre-mask, might need to use a more aggressive pre-mask.

bannertime

Last time I had that problem, the mask wasn't strong enough. We had to go with the high-tack mask. Nearly blew a $5k job because of it. It's been awhile, but you may find answers in the thread I made regarding this issue.

Colleen

Noobie
It’s EasyWeed. The high tack backer makes weeding easy, transfer not so much. Try warming it up and use high tack mask.
I was thinking it was a problem with our Mask but my coworkers say we've been using the same mask for quite some time with no problems. Could the roll just be getting old? They think it might be something on my end (I work with the printer itself). Sorry, I'm quite new to all this! Only started working in the industry a year ago! We thought it might be due to the heat on the printer. Should I suggest we order a higher tack mask?

clarizeyale

I was thinking it was a problem with our Mask but my coworkers say we've been using the same mask for quite some time with no problems. Could the roll just be getting old? They think it might be something on my end (I work with the printer itself). Sorry, I'm quite new to all this! Only started working in the industry a year ago! We thought it might be due to the heat on the printer. Should I suggest we order a higher tack mask?

maybe a higher tack mask. I do notice that if my blade pressure is too deep for any material (vinyl, heatpress, etc), the material has a harder time separating from the backer. but high tack tape and some maneuvering and patience may help :/

AF

There are better products out there. It is best to switch to something else.

Haha, I gave you the solution but it looks like you just ignored it, well good luck with the 'lower the blade pressure' and such advices :)

Last edited:

Dan360

We've had our supplier talk to Siser about this. They said use high tack mask and use as little blade pressure as you need for the material to weed. We were using the high tack and were having a pain, lowering the pressure did help a bit. Though it's nothing like how it was when we first started using it (great print, small detail, easy to transfer).

We're in the process of switching materials while we avoid doing full print transfers.

Colleen

Noobie
Haha, I gave you the solution but it looks like you just ignored it, well good luck with the 'lower the blade pressure' and such advices :)
No need to be snarky.

There are better products out there. It is best to switch to something else.
What brand would you recommend?

We've had our supplier talk to Siser about this. They said use high tack mask and use as little blade pressure as you need for the material to weed. We were using the high tack and were having a pain, lowering the pressure did help a bit. Though it's nothing like how it was when we first started using it (great print, small detail, easy to transfer).

We're in the process of switching materials while we avoid doing full print transfers.
Ok, just changed our blade so hopefully we see a difference. Let me know if you have luck with another brand!

klingsdesigns

You got a bad roll. I had the same issue before my last roll. Have them send you a new roll in a different batch number and you will be back to easy masking. I also had this issue a couple years ago. I just got another roll last week i hope its not another bad one.

klingsdesigns

Hi,

We're having issues with our Color Print Easy Weed from Siser. We ordered a new roll (used the same brand in the past) and this roll is causing some issues. We are using the TTD Mask and certain prints have been causing issues where they won't come off onto the mask, and are sticking to the backing of the easyweed. We haven't had this problem in the past.

Just curious if anyone else has had issue like this and what might be causing it, heat from the printer, the needle, ink, the mask? Any ideas? Thank you!!
What is your lot or batch number and also where did you order it incase i have another bad one.

Dan360

Ok, just changed our blade so hopefully we see a difference. Let me know if you have luck with another brand!

We ended up going with Chemica BestPrint 1702. Print is pretty good, there was a profile for our 360, I had to bump the optimizer to 30. Cuts and weeds well, allows for small details. But the best part of it is the transfer mask (850). It's very aggressive adhesive, miles better than the Siser. I think that even if you like the Siser material, you could use this mask and have much better results when transferring.

bigblocktrader

maybe a higher tack mask. I do notice that if my blade pressure is too deep for any material (vinyl, heatpress, etc), the material has a harder time separating from the backer. but high tack tape and some maneuvering and patience may help :/

I always use a new blade with the lightest pressure possible, to much pressure will cause a issue,