• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Siser Colorprint PU with Low Heat - No Success. Other option?

bannertime

Printed on an HP L330. We had an emergency situation where we absolutely had to make the transfers in house. The closest roll of material to me was the Colorprint PU with the recommended Easy Mask. We did plenty of research before pulling the trigger and knew to use low heat, squeegee the back, etc, etc. Got the material in and wow, it doesn't work at all with the Easy Mask. We tried our high tack app tape, and it still didn't work. We've gotten by with pulling the transfers and applying them without a backing or mask. Now these weren't complicated graphics, luckily they were solid 9x9 squares with rounded corners.

Some have mentioned the stuff from Imprintables. Is it really better? Like actually works with the mask?

Just to be clear: This is regarding heat transfers using a latex machine. I'm totally fine outsourcing and getting the plastisol stuff, but if I can do the full color stuff in house, that'd be nice.

Last edited:

D2S

I use the staff made by Results and love it never was a fan of the Siser stuff for Print and Cut

rjssigns

Yes and they'll tell me it works perfectly just like the sales guy did with the company that sold me Siser.

You may want to know this before dismissing someone offering help. When I first called Imprintables they were nothing but helpful and sent a ton of samples.

bannertime

So was the company I ordered from. I've purchased many machines from them too, so it wasn't the first time I've worked with them. Would prefer some info from users not sellers. Any first hand information about real world use of materials from Imprintables or other suppliers specifically geared towards the 300 series latex machines, would be greatly appreciated.

Dan360

The ColorPrint PU needs the Siser high tack mask. The easy mask is for the ColorPrint Easy.

We had this exact same issue 2 weeks ago when our supplier ran out of Easy and sent us PU, we had to get the other mask from Siser to make it work.

bannertime

The ColorPrint PU needs the Siser high tack mask. The easy mask is for the ColorPrint Easy.

We had this exact same issue 2 weeks ago when our supplier ran out of Easy and sent us PU, we had to get the other mask from Siser to make it work.

Well it's worth a shot, as I like the look and feel. We tried a few other tapes but I think the highest tack was a medium tack app tape. Nothing worked. If it did "work" it pulled it up just enough to make a bunch of wrinkles. This job is done now and we're pretty much through the full 75ft roll. So I hope they have small rolls of this stuff. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to wait for another type of tape. A total nightmare.

klingsdesigns

I have used a lot of the coloprint evolution, pu, and easy. Go with the easy and ttd easy mask.
Had lots of problems getting the pu off the backing. The easy is 100 times better.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I can concur that ColorPrint PU works fine in latex, we use Transferrite High Tack mask with no issues. Our favorite film for Latex Transfers is Chemica 1702 as it was designed for Latex.

bannertime

I have used a lot of the coloprint evolution, pu, and easy. Go with the easy and ttd easy mask.
Had lots of problems getting the pu off the backing. The easy is 100 times better.

I wonder what the differences are. I have two 30ft rolls of the Easy Mask, so I may try a roll of ColorPrint Easy. EDIT: I remember why we didn't use the Easy, we'd have had to buy two rolls of the stuff. The PU came in the 30in which allowed us to only use one roll.

I can concur that ColorPrint PU works fine in latex, we use Transferrite High Tack mask with no issues. Our favorite film for Latex Transfers is Chemica 1702 as it was designed for Latex.

Your other comments are what prompted me to go ahead and use the material. I think the only thing that messed us up was the Easy Mask. My initial thought was that the heat was causing the material to adhere to the backing too much. We did find that the transfer came up easier when the temp was lowered by 20 degrees. The Chemica stuff is like double the price of the PU, right? EDIT: Nevermind it's about the same price for the 30in roll.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Chemica used to be a lot more but the price has been falling pretty steadily.

The mask seems to be what makes or breaks the transfers, we have had good luck with normal sign grade paper masks, esp high tacks.

bannertime

I've seen good things about Chemica, but never tried them because I thought they were way higher. I think we'll give the 1702 a shot on this next order. Working on getting my mask switched out to the high tack. After that I'll probably see what my local tape supplier has.

Don't think I'll be using the Siser materials again, mainly because I'd have to order through the same company that said the Easy Mask is what people are using for the ColorPrint PU. Sure they are, but doesn't work for us.

Dennis422

I used to print on low heat setting on my 25500, but for some reason that did not work on L330.
Using regular vinyl profile instead.

Yes, issues with transfer tape too. I ordered hight tack, but did not have a chance to try it yet.

Split76

We use chemicas easyprint and easyprint sir with L360 1-2 rolls every month with zero problems. I've used those for the last 10 years with roland and hp 26500 and now with 360. We have used 3M scps-100 with it. Weeds VERY easy. (sir is a bit trickier)

edit: are you sure the print is really dry?

bannertime

Yes, issues with transfer tape too. I ordered hight tack, but did not have a chance to try it yet.

Hoping it works out for you.

We use chemicas easyprint and easyprint sir with L360 1-2 rolls every month with zero problems. I've used those for the last 10 years with roland and hp 26500 and now with 360. We have used 3M scps-100 with it. Weeds VERY easy. (sir is a bit trickier)

edit: are you sure the print is really dry?

We lowered the temp to 140 just for kicks, and it wasn't fully dry. So we bumped it back up to a minimum of 160 and did some test to make sure it was fully dry. Which it was.

JP4

Color Print PU was terrible and will NEVER be in our shop again. Contacted Siser and they were absolutely no help and blamed everything on application or technique. I have printed thousands of yards of Color print Easy/TD Mask with Zero issues. It is the least expensive heat transfer film we have found for most t-Shirt applications. Chemica and other are better film but cost a lot more.

Victory Wraps

Printed on an HP L330. We had an emergency situation where we absolutely had to make the transfers in house. The closest roll of material to me was the Colorprint PU with the recommended Easy Mask. We did plenty of research before pulling the trigger and knew to use low heat, squeegee the back, etc, etc. Got the material in and wow, it doesn't work at all with the Easy Mask. We tried our high tack app tape, and it still didn't work. We've gotten by with pulling the transfers and applying them without a backing or mask. Now these weren't complicated graphics, luckily they were solid 9x9 squares with rounded corners.

Some have mentioned the stuff from Imprintables. Is it really better? Like actually works with the mask?

Just to be clear: This is regarding heat transfers using a latex machine. I'm totally fine outsourcing and getting the plastisol stuff, but if I can do the full color stuff in house, that'd be nice.
fo

Popping my forum cherry with this comment, and I'm not sure I'm doing this right but here goes.. I searched all over for a solution about this issue which led me to here. I used the color print pu for some shirts a month or so ago with the ttd easy mask and didnt have a single issue. Fast forward to today and I have a job for 20 double sided shirts and when peeling the HTV carrier plastic off after applying the mask it would creat wrinkles and ripples all over the graphic. So first I think about the blade pressure, print/dryer temps, etc. I reprinted another graphic with less heat, no heat, less blade pressure, etc. and seemed like I was screwed... Guys let me tell ya what saved my rear end on this job.... RIP THE CARRIER OFF LIKE A BANDAID. Fast and hard! YES, only a workaround for not tacky enough mask. Definitely want to use the high tack next time and hopefully that fixes my issue. Alas, I will admit out of 20 prints that had cut letters about 6 of them ripped letters and had to reprinted.

Hopefully this little workaround helps someone out there having similar issues!!:D