• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Size issue flexi

altereddezignz

Hello again everyone. Hope everyone is having a great night. New issue here. I have a 2: circle that the center is a american flag. This design was created in illustrator and the flag area is a mask. I open the file in flexi and i fo to step and repeat b/c i need 500 of these printed and countour cut. After this is all done i select them all and i go to the print screen. When i press send to send it to production manager so that i can print it i the first time i got an out of storage error. I was very confuses so i watched. I have a 250 ss drive as a primary. There is about 180 gig left of it. Well over the slow slow process of about 15 minutes it will try and use every bit of the 180 gig till it runs out of room and gives em the error. It will not allow me to print this file this way. So i thought ok this is strange ill just change the job file folder and temp file folder in design center and in production manager.
Well i do this and restart the software and same issue it is still using the C drive not the 1tb internal drive i have that has nothing on it where i have pointed the files to go.
I think well let me restart the computer. I do this and make sure my folders are still like they need to be with pointing the folders to the emply internal drive and once again it still uses the C drive untill it is completey gone with temp files till i get an error.

Once i get the error and press ok i get the 180 gig of storage back on the C drive.

The file is 2"x2" cirlce with a 72DPi american flag masked in the center area of it?

Any ideas on either of these issues?

Thanks

If it help in my master file in illustrator there is this 2" file with the flag. The same image with the flag but at 4" round and another 1.25x1.25 rounded rectangle with a brushed aluminium file in it. The saved file is a total of 55 MB but i am only opening the one smaller 2" circle that in on the art board.

Thanks again.!!!

Matthew Scher

That was a bug in Flexi if the file was too big. Hopefully it is fixed in version 12, but there is a simple work around.

You can set your design to have only a single copy, then set the copies in the RIP and Print screen. This produces a much smaller job that can be processed without exceeding the memory limitation of Flexi (otherwise you end up with a huge file that can choke it).

Alternatively, you can save that file and open it directly into Production Manager, bypassing that limit as well.