• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SJ-745EX B Group not printing

ratm92231

Hello,

Some weeks ago I posted a question and I got helped and sort the problem out on the yellow ink.

Now I've got a problem and don't know where to look for.

My technician was printing normally but he says he smell smoke out of the printer, from our first thoughts was that the ink pump motor from the B Group (Yellow/Black) wasn't working, so what I did was remove it but it didn't looked as if it was burned, I repaired it so it started to spin again. When I restarted the machine and make test prints the yellow and black doesn't come out. I've even tried to change the printheads to see if that's the problem but they work alright so i'm guessing maybe the color board is the one that's not working or what other ideas you guys/gals recommend??

Thanks in advance for the help!

FrankW

There is one fuse for every group on the head board (near the connectors). Try to measure if the middle one is broken. Unfortunately the fuses are solded, so you need a soldering iron to replace it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is a fuse on the head board that you most likely blew and the fact that you smelled smoke indicates that the transistors may have fried and/or there is a short somewhere else in the machine that caused the smell. I'd have someone take a look at your head board to see if they can repair it. If you have soldering skills, you should be able to put a new fuse on yourself.

ratm92231

Apparently the fuses look bad, could someone give me an opinion? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_173016124.jpg
    IMG_20151102_173016124.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 82

ratm92231

OK, I just repaired the board and it works. So everything is back to normal, but the yellow ink keeps printing on top of the other colors when I do test prints. Do you guys know what's the problem? I've already changed the carriage board but not the ribbons.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most likely when you blew the fuse, it did some damage to the transistors. If that is the case, you will need to have that repaired as well. Transistors are not as easy to replace as fuses. I would double check all of the cables to make sure they are plugged in completely and don't have any debris in the terminals. Also check for bent leads on the cables that may be crossing over and shorting out. If all the cables look good and are plugged in all the way, it's probably the transistors. It is very rare for it to be the head but it does happen sometimes. You could do a data swap to figure that out.

ratm92231

VanderJ,

Here's the picture of how it comes out, i'll see if the transistors are what's wrong with it. Any other options?

Dampers, cap-tops and wipers are in good condition, but I don't know why does it does that. I'll check transistors then i'll swap the heads to see if it does it with other color. Any other options? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20151103_105621795_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151103_105621795_HDR.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 70