• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

skin templates...

Tom Printz

Hey guys! Saw a commercial today for skinit.com. Great idea and should be a good way to bring some income into the shop. My question is, how would I go about designing templates for the various products to be skinned? Maybe find a pic of the product, trace it in Illustrator, then size the length and width to specs from the companies website?

Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! :unclesam:

Tom Printz

wow, you have a sunny disposition! :U Rock:

If you'll refer to my original post, I didn't ask if you feel this will be a profitable endeavor, I am simply asking if anyone knows how to create a template. I'm a small start-up with a limited budget. I have a SP300 so I can CREATE the skins, I just need to know how to go about producing templates. Anyone else have an idea how I can accomplish this?

Service Sign Co

Health Canada has notified Monsanto Canada Inc. that it has no objection to the food use of the transgenic NewLeaf-Y™ potato cultivars Shepody (SEMT15-02, SEMT15-15) and Russet Burbank (RBMT15-101), which have been developed to be resistant to the Colorado potato beetle (CPB) and to resist infection by the plant potyvirus, potato virus Y (PVY). The Department conducted a comprehensive assessment of the Shepody and Russet Burbank NewLeaf-Y™ potato cultivars according to its Guidelines for the Safety Assessment of Novel Foods (September 1994). These guidelines are based upon internationally accepted principles for establishing the safety of foods derived from genetically modified organisms.

R08

Anyone else have any potatoe questions... just ask Day... He knows his potatoes.:thankyou:
:clapping:

S'N'S

cover with vinyl. cut with xacto to desired coverage, peel off, scan, trace, adjust.

I have done similar, only I used mask because its easier to get off. If it's not too big, just stick it to something flat and scan or if it's large, take a photo and resize in your design program.
Cheers Gary

Pat Whatley

wow, you have a sunny disposition! :U Rock:

If you'll refer to my original post, I didn't ask if you feel this will be a profitable endeavor, I am simply asking if anyone knows how to create a template. I'm a small start-up with a limited budget. I have a SP300 so I can CREATE the skins, I just need to know how to go about producing templates. Anyone else have an idea how I can accomplish this?

Here, I cleaned up the answer for you...

Buy the product you need a template for , use your calipers,draw it ,add your image,print it.