• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SLD ?

dweavers

Probably a silly question but a customer of mine showed me a vinyl sample he purchased off Alliexpress, it had on the back stamped SLD, what does this mean, he is wanting a signage vinyl to match Suzuki Vigor blue paint code YKY and is happy with the colour shade of supplied vinyl, this vinyl also has a clear protective film on it which is something I haven't come across before for signage plotter cut vinyl. it also has silver adheasive (block out?)
Can anyone enlighten me on what we have here?

dweavers

Customer sent me a link to the material and it appears its a wrapping film, wrap is something I dont do, but can someone please explain if wrap is suitable for signage, I assume not but don't know why ?
Appreciate all feedback , thanks
Pearl Blue Vinyl Wrap

Bengt Backhaus

I have used wrap vinyl for signage without problem.
If it sticks good enough on a car it will work on a sign.

We had a customer come in asking if we could redo parts of a wrap a friendd had done on her car.
She had bought something very similar via AliExpress and had the roll in the backseat.
The vinyl on the car was the color of the flesh of an anemic salmon, the rest of the roll she took out was a deep purple metalllic!!!
So in less than a year the color had changed completely.
I wouldn't trust AliExpress vinyl.

Probably a silly question but a customer of mine showed me a vinyl sample he purchased off Alliexpress, it had on the back stamped SLD, what does this mean, he is wanting a signage vinyl to match Suzuki Vigor blue paint code YKY and is happy with the colour shade of supplied vinyl, this vinyl also has a clear protective film on it which is something I haven't come across before for signage plotter cut vinyl. it also has silver adheasive (block out?)
Can anyone enlighten me on what we have here?
Do you know what brand of wrap vinyl it is? Some are much better than others. Also when using wrap vinyl in lieu of sign vinyl be sure to post heat it after application. Different brands require different temperature settings for that. Avery, Oracal, KPMF, & Aura are all quality vinyls with tons of color choices.