• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slitter, Cutter, Creaser - non sign related

Norman Clifton

looking at a Graphic Whizard PT 8336SCC Slitter, Cutter, Creaser for digital post print bindery
Was wondering if anyone has a GW or a sliitter/cut/creaser and is it worthwhile - we have a programmable cutter but this looks more efficient
just asking

dypinc

Since this is basic a sign and wide format printing forum I am not sure you would find it very useful for anything related to signs, labels etc. One the other hand we have a digital press and a Slitter, Cutter, Creaser comes in very useful for a number of things. It is most useful for creasing or scoring (providing you have the scoring module) when doing folded cards and cover weight book covers. Also is pretty handy for cutting business cards and postcards. More efficient if you can walk away and do something else but it is not faster than cutting with paper cutter. We have the Duplo DC-645.

soggywinter

Here's a relevant thread on the graph wizard product. I have a Duplo 646 that is ok, but needs constant tweaking. Next slitter/cutter/creaser will be Horizon.

GB2

Old Member
I have a Graphic Whizard Creasemaster and it is great. I have bought it in 2013 and it has performed flawlessly since. The Duplo units are fantastic but the cost is much more. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Graphic Whizard products.

Norman Clifton

Since this is basic a sign and wide format printing forum I am not sure you would find it very useful for anything related to signs, labels etc. One the other hand we have a digital press and a Slitter, Cutter, Creaser comes in very useful for a number of things. It is most useful for creasing or scoring (providing you have the scoring module) when doing folded cards and cover weight book covers. Also is pretty handy for cutting business cards and postcards. More efficient if you can walk away and do something else but it is not faster than cutting with paper cutter. We have the Duplo DC-645.
Thanks. The new model does 400 gsm

Norman Clifton

I have a Graphic Whizard Creasemaster and it is great. I have bought it in 2013 and it has performed flawlessly since. The Duplo units are fantastic but the cost is much more. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Graphic Whizard products.
Thsnks good to know.

Norman Clifton

Here's a relevant thread on the graph wizard product. I have a Duplo 646 that is ok, but needs constant tweaking. Next slitter/cutter/creaser will be Horizon.
Thanks i did see that too. Newer model does 400 gsm hopong its more ruhged

AGCharlotte

we also have a duplo here... I think the 646, but I'm not in that building much so I've forgotten. It's a workhorse though iirc it's a bit more pricey than the graphic whizzard.