• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slowing down my GX-24

pixeldecals

Does anyone know of a way to slow down my GX-24 when I am cutting intricate designs? Much of what I do is small and detailed.

Is this a feature that is normally only available in some more advanced software? Currently I use the simple AI plugin that Roland provides on my Mac - I do have Parallels and Windows XP and could install and use the Windows CutStudio if it offers that feature and I just don't know it.

Thanks in advance!

OldPaint

do you have a book with it? or you can go to www.rolanddga.com and go to your cutter. they have a PDF of the manual....you can view.
as far as i can tell you yo change speed ITS ON THE MACHINE SETTINGS.
done thru the little window on the plotter.

pixeldecals

do you have a book with it? or you can go to www.rolanddga.com and go to your cutter. they have a PDF of the manual....you can view.
as far as i can tell you yo change speed ITS ON THE MACHINE SETTINGS.
done thru the little window on the plotter.

I kind of browsed thru the manual last night, after scrolling thru all the menus on the machine and I have been stumped. It displays the speed on the control panel - and it's set on the machine's fastest - but all I can seem to chan ge is the cutting force via the panel.

Bill43mx

I think I can help! Iwas having the same problem as you and couldn't find anything in the manual or online. Just last week I stumbled on this. I'm assuming the cut studio software is the same but we are using Corel Draw. When you are in Cut Studio click on the "cutting" icon on the top toolbar. Click "properties", then "settings". Then select the scroll down arrow next to "machine Settings". Click on one of the numbers (I use one...I don't think it matters) That will enable the cutting speed setting window. Change the speed and click "OK", then click "OK" to send the file to the plotter.

Bill

*I believe the number are supposed to be for custom saved settings because you can add comments but I can only get them to stay available as long as Cut Studio remains open. Once I close it and reopen it the custom settings are gone*

pixeldecals

Well, I think CutStudio on the mac is a little bit more basic than it's counterpart on Windows.

I have attached screenshots of my windows and I don't have any options like that.

Plus side is the first responder inspired me to look at the manual online, which offers the handy feature of a search button, and it looks to be buried in the control panel after all. I must not have dug deep enough.

Sure would be nice to control it from software like it appears you can on Windows.

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture-2.jpg
    Picture-2.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 65

Bill43mx

Wow, that's not even close to the cut studio I have! Sorry I couldn't help. If you do figure out how to change the speed through the control panel let me know!

pixeldecals

You can in fact change it via the control panel

you press menu a couple times until you get to "Conditions" and then navigate thru until you find the speed. You can change it the same way you change Force. I just wish they would have put a shortcut button for speed like they did force!

Bill43mx

I just wish they would have put a shortcut button for speed like they did force!

No kidding! They really buried that in the menu structure! I agree that force and speed are 2 things likely to change from job to job and both should be easy to get to. Thanks.

Bill

24v

On the control panel of the machine press menu, down, right, down, right.
Then up or down to change the speed. After that hit enter, then menu, and you are ready to go.

fozzyber

in windows when you go to print, there is a properties, button, you can slow it down there, yours is a mac so I don't know if there is an equivalent, or check properties > advanced options, on the printer it self....