• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

small laminator for a gerber?

davedavedave

hi im looking for a laminator for my edge...
i only will use it to add a clear thin glossy film, i dont need one for extra thick stuff or something

are there any main differences in laminators?
i know there are pouch and roll laminators... both are available in cold and hot...

i first wanted to go with pouches but idk pouches are too expensive...

then i found a few cheap machines for around 500euro...

would something like this do the job?

thx

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
that works , I bought a second hand electric paper laminator from a school and converted it to just do my edge stuff - has heat but i just turned it off . It has both top and bottom roll feed but I just use the top roll feed - GBC-4120 14 1/2 rollers I could also adjust the rollers so I can feed license plates
picked it up for $50. US dollars used and rollers were in prefect shape

davedavedave

thx for the answer, is there a difference in using hot or cold laminate?
the seller told me i cant use a hot laminate machine for stickers and decals?

am i getting something wrong or is this right?

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
don't think the edge prints need heat to laminate , at least the Gerber brand laminates don't . just buy cold lam. materials . max print size of edge is 11.8 inches so you either need to buy their stuff ( 13 inches) or cut down larger rolls .

Billct2

Why are you laminating?
We use liquid laminate on our edge prints, used to be Frog Juice, now mostly Clearshield.
When we do signgold vehicle lettering we apply the clear vinyl after installation.
Occasionally we have to do a double layer and just apply by hand, but a cheap little laminator would be nice for that.