• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

small printer/cutter

scooternalberta

hello again ,we arelooking for a small printer cutter,for hard hat decals ,atvdecals and stuff like that,we have a guy2 hours away that does all our larger stuff .it would be nice to have thesmall stuff in house,simple reason all the dealership and people we serve come for more when theyrun out ,not when they are just about out,lol
anyway even if it only printed 2 or 3" highthat would be fine decals are usually 2x3" max anyway,any suggestion wanted please

wondering if the visimate is woth looking at,or if anyone has used it

thanks for your time
:Canada 2: scott

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like a good fit would be a used Roland ColorCamm. High enough resolution to output good looking work, durable, and probably lots of used ones around. Price per square foot is a bit high, but in this application it wouldn't be a factor.

scooternalberta

how could i have know youwould have a reply within ten minutes fred,idonthave alot of posts onhere but i see youhave mst of the answers,thanks alot
also where would be a good place to look for used
and what do you think a guy should pay for a good used one,roughly?
thanks again:Canada 2:

VinylCraft

Roland Print cut

There are some floating around on ebay however Buyer beware ask alot of questions. I Have seen them (PC-60, PC-600) being sold as is and need new print heads and have seen the replacment of one cost somewhere around $500. So that would be my first question is the printer ready to use and not going to be DOA. Prices I have seen them from anywhere from $1,200 -$3,800 used on there. I belive New Cost $5,700 Do a search on google you will get hit for used equipment if stated. I would also stay clear of the PC-12, PC-50 I am not an expert but this might help you you.

Last edited:

scooternalberta

thank youfor your input,i always appreciate any helpful advice i can get
scott
hey chris if you dont mind i have one more question,i see on your website you offer buisness cards,thats is another thing we have been outsourcing,can you tell me what equipment you are using to make your own cards ,im thinking just a good quality laser jet and acard cutter,any info on thatappreciated also,again we are justtrying to eliminate some lost profit,also nice website
thanks again scott

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not really because then you also need a 15" plotter and a software package that can drive the Edge correctly. ScooternAlberta has not filled out his equipment and software in his profile so it's hard to know what is his best bet.

High Octane

Most of us outsource our business cards as well. You can take the design you have used for your customers signs and such...simply arrange the layout a bit for cards and just upload the graphics to sites like vista print....takes very little time and you can just double your cost on the cards...not much work to it when you already have the designs. Make $60 for just making a phone call bascially.

scooternalberta

sorry fred updated my profile
right now we have a studio8 and we use signlab 6.0 as our main software,we have flexi 7.5 buthavenot used it much at all yet

as for the buisness card thing it would be more of a convinience thing,lots of oilfield guys that stop in and would buy cards and decals if theycould pick them up in a couple hours,also not many goodoutsources in canada

is the pc-12 not a good machine?
sorry about all the dumb questions but we are only in this for a year so far so we need all the advice we can get,the previous owner ran a good buisness but it was a hobby for him,he was oldschool!.we have been upgrading the computers and now need to expand a little!

thanks for now
Scott

mander0104

hey guys i found this one 2995.00 from a dealer its a refurb
Roland CammJet CJ-60 40.5" Printer/Cutter whats some opinions on that one
thanks again
oh sorry it is under manders name she is my wife
its scooter
thanks again