• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small Sign Business Owners - You still doing ok in these times?

unclebun

We are running a maybe 6 month backlog. We lose some jobs because we can't get to them in time, though most customers just wait because nobody else can get to them. It's been this way for 2 years with no seasonal slowdown. At midyear, we were up 19% over last year on gross, but something like -800% on net profit. Can't raise prices fast enough to make up for increased material costs, increased rent, increased fuel prices, increased everything.

LarryB

We have slowed down a little this month but still have a decent backlog. Problem is have many employees out with Covid.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Nice timing Stacey! I literally just saw that on the tv. the sound is off, but I happened to look up and saw the headline.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We are running a maybe 6 month backlog. We lose some jobs because we can't get to them in time, though most customers just wait because nobody else can get to them. It's been this way for 2 years with no seasonal slowdown. At midyear, we were up 19% over last year on gross, but something like -800% on net profit. Can't raise prices fast enough to make up for increased material costs, increased rent, increased fuel prices, increased everything.
Increased everything is right. I got shop our power bill and wowsa... we're paying 100% more per KWH than 2 years ago. Up about 30% per KWH since January.