• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

small vinyl cut decals

sigsignman

Does anyone have a source for a company who can either die cut or plot, weed, pick and premask small text like the attached file. I have a customer who orders these 500 or 1000 at a time. We cut them out of the gray etchmark vinyl (sandblast look). Normally, its a good job when there is nothing to do and usually charge about a buck a piece for them...however, he now wants them immediately and we have "real paying" jobs to do. Any suggestions of vendors who can cut this small. I know Stouse does something similar but I believe this is to small for them...any suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• objects.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 171

jfiscus

Rap Master
For small projects like that I try to avoid weeding as much as possible, the very low surface area leads to the decals peeling off. I print the graphics onto clear vinyl with the Edge and cut a rectangle or custom shape around the piece.

Caitlin

oooh alright I sort of see it if I look at the screen from the side very close up. :Big Laugh

I too would try to avoid weeding this if at all possible, but if they need to be etchmark that will probably be difficult.

Browner

Gerber used to have a product bulletin about printing an "etched glass look" decal. I believe it suggested printing their Abrasion Guard or some other foil (maybe one of the tint/shades) onto 3M 220 clear.

sigsignman

For small projects like that I try to avoid weeding as much as possible, the very low surface area leads to the decals peeling off. I print the graphics onto clear vinyl with the Edge and cut a rectangle or custom shape around the piece.

thats a great idea...I guess I was so focused on how someone else had done it in the past, I did not yield to common logic :notworthy:

mbandrlb

We do stuff like that on a regular basis. Just finished a 1500
Piece order. Yours doesn't look to be that difficult.

Mike