• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smoother Vinyl Banner Material?

spb

✨鞄➕
I'm not sure if this exists but I'm looking for smoother banner material than what I have. All the material I've tried has a pattern on it to where you can see the backing material/denier/fabric--which is fine, if that's just the way things are for all the banner material out there, but I thought maybe someone has seen something with a smoother surface than what I have. I know it shouldn't matter because it's banner material and meant to be seen from a distance where these things aren't noticeable, but if something smoother exists I want to know about it.

What I've tried so far:
Roland ESM-LBV2
- Pretty good but has a kind of a blurry diamond pattern to it that shows through the print
Arlon Graphics DPF 313 - Supposedly one of the smoothest in the business but still has a noticeable grid pattern
Greenstar Vinyl from USCutter - Same as Arlon, it's fine but still has a pattern on the front

Has anyone seen a smoother banner material out there? Do I just need to go thicker maybe?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
you need to ask for a smooth lay-flat banner. They are usually used for store window type displays.

I usually get mine from Calcomp in CA but I can't find it on their website so here's a link to Grimco. I'd probably order the 15oz. In my experience this stuff is never as strong as the regular 13oz scrim banner.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
Look for popup banner material. Grimco has a 12 oz under the Duratex line and there is also a 15 oz Ultraflex that’s available at Glantz and Fellers. Fellers has their own house brand called Popup but we started having issues with a lot of weird voids and chunks of foreign material a couple of years ago and I haven’t tried it again since. Catapult also makes several varieties of smooth PET banner.

• Informative
Reactions: spb

bingo

Look for popup banner material. Grimco has a 12 oz under the Duratex line and there is also a 15 oz Ultraflex that’s available at Glantz and Fellers. Fellers has their own house brand called Popup but we started having issues with a lot of weird voids and chunks of foreign material a couple of years ago and I haven’t tried it again since. Catapult also makes several varieties of smooth PET banner.
Looking for same in Europe, used foamed PVC 2mm recently but was still a bit to stiff to wrap around the curved edges.