• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Smudges and Wrinkles in window perf!

Jo Hill

Tried printing on window perf for the first time today. I am using ELITE WINDOW PERF 70/30 54"X100' SUNSHADE. Using an HP Latex 385 Printer.

I am getting smudges and wrickles in the print.

Looks like the window perf isn't staying completely flat when the print starts doing its thing and heating up so would it be a heat issue?

Attachments

• IMG_7149.jpg
    IMG_7149.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_7150.png
    IMG_7150.png
    703.9 KB · Views: 242

ikarasu

is the window perf latex compatible? And are you using the latex media?

Window perf likes to tunnel...you need to use low heat on it

jwlllpl

What ICC profile are you using? I had this issue on our 360 until I started using the standard profile that HP offers (not the brand of perf) for their perf with it check marked for long runs even when not doing long runs and saved as HP Long Run Perf. Now, no matter what type or brand of perf I use this one and get perfect prints every time. This also fixed the issue I had with long run shrinkage.

Jo Hill

What ICC profile are you using? I had this issue on our 360 until I started using the standard profile that HP offers (not the brand of perf) for their perf with it check marked for long runs even when not doing long runs and saved as HP Long Run Perf. Now, no matter what type or brand of perf I use this one and get perfect prints every time. This also fixed the issue I had with long run shrinkage.

Here is the profile I am currently using.

Messing with the heat settings now.

Im trying 200 degrees now.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.jpg
    IMG_7152.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 224

Bly

I'm pretty sure we also had to reduce ink limits for this media on latex because the holes were filling up with ink.
As said above, try the HP perf profile..

ikarasu

I'd search and download any window perf profile... its a good start. When in doubt and you're in a rush, you can lower the heat, up the passes / interpass delay so it sits in the dryer longer and you should be fine. I dont have access to the profiles we use or I'd upload it... but we made our own and tweaked the heat/passes to just fast enough to dry, but not too slow.

jwlllpl

Here is the profile I am currently using.

Messing with the heat settings now.

Im trying 200 degrees now.

I would start off using a standard PERF ICC.. banner ICC is heavier .. vacuum settings may not be high enough. Those rub marks are from the perf lifting off the platen and rubbing on the print head. Vacuum may not be holding it down. Our settings for HP 360 are HP ICC PERF which is 10 pass, 100 ink, 220 heat and under advanced tab check mark long run. You can play with the heat settings for the puckering like you stated.

Chriswagner92

I just did some perf last week using the DAF Illusion 60/40 profile, had to reduce the heat to about 204, increased the interpass delay to 300mils, and cranked the vacuum almost all the way up, still had to put some weight on the vinyl coming out to keep it from buckling until I got it on the takeup.

Jo Hill

I just did some perf last week using the DAF Illusion 60/40 profile, had to reduce the heat to about 204, increased the interpass delay to 300mils, and cranked the vacuum almost all the way up, still had to put some weight on the vinyl coming out to keep it from buckling until I got it on the takeup.

Thank you!

I am going to try that profile next :)

What brand of material are you using?

ktwigger

Bless you. You probably just saved my job LOL. I hate working with perf on these HPs but your suggestions got a huge perf job I have to print correctly, it's all dry and everything! Thank you!