• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snipping Tool

Ldireprophil

Just curious if anyone is using something else besides the basic "snipping tool" that comes with Windows to grab images off the web.

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 372

tulsagraphics

I used the Snip tool forever... but I got tired of pasting images into Illustrator for annotations / highlights / etc., so I tested out a variety of 3rd party apps. ShareX is awesome -- tons of functionality.
My favorite feature is the file sharing integration (it can be linked up to imgur, dropbox, onedrive, etc) so you can upload / share URLs in a few clicks. Definitely worth checking out.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
No, but my newspaper must be seeing what I'm typing on here... It showed me a picture of a USPS priority box along with abortion pill story....

Screenshot_20230413-074319.png

myront

CorelDRAW is best
The windows snipping tool is way better than screenshot. Why take a whole shot of 2 screens then crop down? I thought they did away with it in Win11 though? We use it to snip then copy/paste to our workorder form. Works great for posting images into forums like this. Simply copy/paste.
Preliminary check of ShareX is pretty interesting.

FrankW

If wanting to save web contents, you can easily right-click on graphics to save the file in original file format, or every browser allows to save complete pages.

Johnny Best

As I mentioned in post #9 you can crop out just what you want to copy but you Window guys live in a different realm than Macusers.

unclebun

If wanting to save web contents, you can easily right-click on graphics to save the file in original file format, or every browser allows to save complete pages.
Agree. Why would you snip from a screen capture when you could download the original file in higher resolution?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I use Greenshot. It has a lot of options for screen shots.

spb

✨鞄➕
This is what I do on Windows 10:
-Shift-Windows-S to get the image capture crosshair, which also dims the screen
-Draw a box around the area I want to capture to the clipboard
-Windows-R, type in "mspaint" to run Paint (remember Paint? it's still a thing)
-Ctrl-V to paste the image on the clipboard into Paint
-Ctrl-Shift-X to crop the image in Paint (since the canvas is usually too big for some reason)
-F12 to save as a JPEG

It takes about four seconds and I don't have to open any windows or run any applications.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
-Ctrl-Shift-X to crop the image in Paint (since the canvas is usually too big for some reason)
-F12 to save as a JPEG

It takes about four seconds and I don't have to open any windows or run any applications.

That is a nifty tip!!!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
-F12 to save as a JPEG

Hot tip! Thanks for this.

Stacey K

I like making signs
IDK guys...I think using the mouse is quicker with the snip tool for quick snips.

Two Questions:

1. I tried the Green thing, is there a way to put it on the tool bar? I do like it but it's an extra step because it's in my hidden icons.

2. For the Snip tool, in Windows 11 after I copy something the window goes away and I have to click on it again. Is there a setting to keep the window up?