• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So, about blades...

RubberDuckyDecals

ok, ordered my cleancut blade today so we'll see if that helps with the manglings. I was kinda bummed though, everyone keeps talking about the forum users discount but i couldnt find anywhere to enter that on the orderform. next time, i suppose.

Kenny

RubberDuckyDecals said:
ok, ordered my cleancut blade today so we'll see if that helps with the manglings. I was kinda bummed though, everyone keeps talking about the forum users discount but i couldnt find anywhere to enter that on the orderform. next time, i suppose.

Simple solution...call Ross. :thumb:

The dude

To tell the truth

Rather than a plug Ifeel if someone has a problem, it is up to us to give him the best knowledge we have as the best in the business. So Jackpine please try to help and don't wory about a plug. This is one of the best forum's on the web so let's keep it that way.

Geary

Eh.....Dude.....I don't think Jack is "worried" about a plug. I think he's actually supporting the "plug". Isn't he?

Cheers:beer

~Gear

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I always keep a couple of blades in backup and have had one blade last beyond a year in heavy daily use. The reason if that carbide, while extremely hard and tough, is also very brittle. A brand new blade can chip for no apparent reason and ruin everything it cuts after that.

KeeWay

I was originally going to get a 5 pack off of ebay or something like that but since everyone is saying the cleancutblades are so great I just called and ordered 3 for my for my new CE5000-60 coming thursday :Big Laugh.

Thanks
James

Jackpine

The dude said:
Rather than a plug Ifeel if someone has a problem, it is up to us to give him the best knowledge we have as the best in the business. So Jackpine please try to help and don't wory about a plug. This is one of the best forum's on the web so let's keep it that way.

I really try to help on this and other forums. Maybe you can't read. I was recommending CleanCut blades since I use them. If you think this was a "plug" for CleanCut blades.....you are right. They last a long time, they cut as good or better than the original blades do and the are priced very well. So I guess I was sharing my knowledge and experiance with this forum. I am not sure how you think I don't contribute to keeping this forum one of the best.....but than I know better.

cleancutblade

Ken,

Yes there are companies out there that will resharpen, but I used to work for one that did and they use that program to get rid of the blades they make that don't make it through 1st inspection. If you send them 20 blades to resharpen, they measures those and maybe reject 4 because they are to short with a badly broken tip. Then they throw the other 16 into a box, takes 16 off of their stock shelf and send them to you at $7.00 or $8.00 each. Now that sounds ok until you find out that you had 20 premium Roland blades or 5 of mine in that batch and now you have 10 chinese blades that someone sent them and 6 from them that aren't as good as the ones you sent them, or some of the ones they sent you were marginal to resharpen and they didn't go back far enough to get all the wear out of them.

Am I saying it's not a good thing, yes. In my opinion it's a gimick, at one time they used to resharpen your blades and send them back, but it sometimes took 8-10 weeks to get enough to make it profitable.

Why spend 7 or 8 bucks + shipping for marginal blades when I will sell you guaranteed new blades for $12.00 and I pay shipping.

SignPainter

I bet graphite works better than oil.It will probably last longer too.I never used either on my Ioline.My corners not cutting good was solved by slower speed....8(
I'm gonna try the CleanCut blades and see if I can crank the speed back up...8)

markz

Rubber duck-ster, yo ! hi. Clean cuts is the best deal as mentioned, However, Bits & Bits resharpening is good also for xtra's...if you send @ least 1/2 doz. blades @ a time. they pay the return, but the shipp cost is peanuts. we learned the hard way...test cut when changing product & often , saves wear & tear on blade & more impotantly weeding is less "boring". Z

Ken

Hi Ross. Thanks for the reply about re-sharpening blades.
I actually did send you a request about blades for my versa-camm and ordered a couple but did not get a response.
I'll try again..
Ken