• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So you like my logo proposal but...

RebelGraphics

So this guy I know came up to me and asked for my help making a logo for his startup business. We “verbally“ agreed on a price and deadline and everything was fine. COVID-19 hit and the guy disappeared, everything was put on hold, I get that. Then a month ago he resurfaced and asked me for the original file, I said ok but remember you still haven’t paid me. He started giving me the runaround (I’m driving, I’m in a meeting, etc) every single excuse for not paying FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT!
In the end I didn’t give him the file, never got paid, guy ended up having someone else copy the design. Honestly I’m not Upset because of money but how people ruin a so called friendship when they try to screw you over.
The more I know people, the more I love my dog

Johnny Best

Did’nt you just post about someone wanting files for work you had done and you felt she should not get them until she paid something.
Your dog must have paid you for his logo files.

CanuckSigns

I had a sign installer come in a few years ago to drop off a card , he asked if we do logo design and gave us a brief overview of what he wanted. Our designer did a rough concept, I called him to come in and review it. He came in and asked if I could print it out so he could show his wife.

Me thinking that this guy is in the same industry and was trying to get us to use his installation services, I'm sure it's safe to give him a paper printout.

Never heard back from him, followed u and he never returned my call, I forgot about it, we only had about 30 minutes into the concept.

3 months later our exact logo is on the side of his truck, I still see him around town, still urks me to this day.

RebelGraphics

Yes I did, these two individuals worked together And went separate ways
I had a sign installer come in a few years ago to drop off a card , he asked if we do logo design and gave us a brief overview of what he wanted. Our designer did a rough concept, I called him to come in and review it. He came in and asked if I could print it out so he could show his wife.

Me thinking that this guy is in the same industry and was trying to get us to use his installation services, I'm sure it's safe to give him a paper printout.

Never heard back from him, followed u and he never returned my call, I forgot about it, we only had about 30 minutes into the concept.

3 months later our exact logo is on the side of his truck, I still see him around town, still urks me to this day.
yeah that sucks

CanuckSigns

I dont own a bucket and my installer is good but unreliable af.... he does a good job when he decides to show up

This is the same issue we've run into, we find someone who does a great job, shows up on time etc. Then word gets out about how good they are and they start double booking themselves, missing installs, rushing things and we are back to square one again.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This is the same issue we've run into, we find someone who does a great job, shows up on time etc. Then word gets out about how good they are and they start double booking themselves, missing installs, rushing things and we are back to square one again.
Its the same in all of the trades. This is why I wont sub-contract any work out anymore. I’m always surprised at how deep sign people get with sub’d out work too. Most other businesses that I can think of either do it in house or don't do it at all except for contractors.
If some of y’all owned a pizza place you'd buy it from little caesars, charge 3x what it cost and pay your neighbors kid to deliver the order.

Caw

Minister of Percussive Maintenance
Never send files without the cheddar in hand or a good contract so you can go after them if they don't pay. Verbal agreements are never remembered that same way by both parties.

Reveal1

Its the same in all of the trades. This is why I wont sub-contract any work out anymore. I’m always surprised at how deep sign people get with sub’d out work too. Most other businesses that I can think of either do it in house or don't do it at all except for contractors.
If some of y’all owned a pizza place you'd buy it from little caesars, charge 3x what it cost and pay your neighbors kid to deliver the order.

You have me thinking Notareal. Maybe those college girls next door would work for tips and we could deliver on electric bikes to the gentrified section of town near the college, call it Pizza Gone Wild...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You have me thinking Notareal. Maybe those college girls next door would work for tips and we could deliver on electric bikes to the gentrified section of town near the college, call it Pizza Gone Wild...
I think you’re on to something here. Just don’t get locked up like the original guy

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
I watermark all of my stuff now because of this exact problem. There actually is a guy who SOLD DTG shirts for his event with my watermark :rolleyes: classy move bro

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
Oh please show us a pic!
Oh man I wish I had one- it was a few years back. It was so blatant it might as well had a big ol' "123RF" smack dab in the middle of it. The proof was about 6x6" at 72 dpi and they blew it up to the whole back of the shirt it was garbage all around :roflmao: