• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So.......................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Great way to use commas. At least everything is on a toasted sesame roll with mayo..... ya just hafta figure out what filling ya want.

JBurton

Signtologist
dumb story about those digital menus... I was at the food court in the mall with kiddo. I was wearing my prescription sun glasses. With them on, I couldn't see anything on the A&W menu - just a black screen. I thought the menu wasn't even on until I took my sunglasses off. With my glasses off I could see there was indeed a menu, but too blind to read it. I just got a rootbeer float and fried cheese curds, because I knew they had that.
Ha, polarization at it's finest. Bet you could read it if you'd turned your head 90 degrees.
Dumber story. I called my mechanic when I couldn't read the radio in the beat up civic I'm pushing around lately. When I had hooked up the radio, remembered there was something about the illumination wire and hondas, and he told me to leave it unhooked. Well now that I'm driving it daily, it's annoying the sh*t out of me that I can't read anything on it, but it works great after dark. I called him another 2 times to make sure I wasn't misremembering. I finally got in it after the time change one morning, realized it was still too dark for shades, and when I pulled them off, my radio was clear as day. He got a kick out of that phone call explaining how I fixed it.

Menu from a restaurant that was up the street, the menu boards were even more difficult to read.
I can't believe that someone thought it was a good idea to use this font this way.

View attachment 164627
This is awful and I hate you for making me see it! How long did it take someone to really jack that font up sooo badly?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ha, polarization at it's finest. Bet you could read it if you'd turned your head 90 degrees.
Dumber story. I called my mechanic when I couldn't read the radio in the beat up civic I'm pushing around lately. When I had hooked up the radio, remembered there was something about the illumination wire and hondas, and he told me to leave it unhooked. Well now that I'm driving it daily, it's annoying the sh*t out of me that I can't read anything on it, but it works great after dark. I called him another 2 times to make sure I wasn't misremembering. I finally got in it after the time change one morning, realized it was still too dark for shades, and when I pulled them off, my radio was clear as day. He got a kick out of that phone call explaining how I fixed it.

This is awful and I hate you for making me see it! How long did it take someone to really jack that font up sooo badly?
You going to replace the truck that was wrecked or is it getting fixed?

JBurton

Signtologist
You going to replace the truck that was wrecked or is it getting fixed?
Replace, if they will settle a little higher. Right now looking at 16k for a '11 4wd with 230k miles, can't buy it for that (because the market is so absurd), so we're still going through counter offers.
I just want my dang truck back, miles warts and all.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Geez, some of us have to work now I missed all the fun!

I'm still wondering what Hatian food is...I picture rice, beans and some kind of meat?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Geez, some of us have to work now I missed all the fun!

I'm still wondering what Hatian food is...I picture rice, beans and some kind of meat?
This should clear it up :rolleyes:
Haitian cuisine consists of cooking traditions and practices from Haiti. It is a Creole cuisine that originates from a blend of several culinary styles that populated the western portion of the island of Hispaniola, namely the African, French, indigenous Taíno, Spanish and Arab influence. Wikipedia

And if naming 5 different cultures didn't clarify, here is a nice picture.

1200px-Poul_an_S%C3%B2s.jpg

teampix

Founder, President, Janitor
Anyone can cook. Few can achieve entrepreneurial success in the restaurant business. Count yourself lucky you didn't get stuck with an unpaid invoice.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Haitian cuisine consists of cooking traditions and practices from Haiti. It is a Creole cuisine that originates from a blend of several culinary styles that populated the western portion of the island of Hispaniola, namely the African, French, indigenous Taíno, Spanish and Arab influence. Wikipedia

That looks like it has some flavor and kick... nothing no white woman could cook up.

ProSignTN

We have several locations of a Mexican joint called El Tapatio that we all just refer to as El Tap. Think McD's of Mexican food in our town. Cheap, quick and consistent. It's where my ball teams wound up at after games and practices.They opened up a new location in the new TA travel center. My Grandson wanted nachos for mid Sunday snack. Nachos (with meat) are 8 bucks at the other locations. This one had fancy new digital menus. I was already trapped in line when the screen for nachos rolled around. 18 dollars. Holy Sh*t. Pride just wouldn't let me walk away. Needless to say, the kid and me split the nachos.

Patentagosse

Looks like Gumbo (Louisiana) for me

Patentagosse

Look on the bright side...in 6 months they will be out of business and you will have the opportunity to put up a new sign!

I relettered a business downtown twice in the last 2 years, and I anticipate doing it again next year. This newest gal drove me insane. I gave her an estimate of $550-600 based on how long it took it remove and replace the old sign board. (small sign with a couple screws). She was fine with it but wanted an exact amount because she was doing this business all "in cash". I said I won't know to the penny until the job is done just incase we run into a problem that's why I give an "estimate". She put $500 down then asked me 5 more times in a week what her balance was and she came in asking me twice! I explained to her multiple times that until the job is finished I won't know to the penny but max is $600 and she gave me $500 so she can plan on owing me zero to $100. - she would not accept this! I finally ignored her the last 2 times - how many times can you explain it??? Got the job done at 5pm last night. I told her I would get the invoice finished up today by noon. She was harrassing me last night for the balance and again at 8:30 this morning because she needed to know how much cash to withdraw from the bank...?????

So you take out $120 from the bank and you have it more than covered then just put the rest in your wallet after you pay the bill or put it in an envelope??? Not to be mean but I anticipate relettering this sign again next year...geesh....

At least she really wanted to pay you... you haven't had to run after your money. Makes me almost jealous.

gnubler

I'm dealing with a customer right now who "wants" to pay me, but can't seem to get it done. Why the runaround for such small dollar amounts?

gnubler

Repeat customer, well known in the community...I have a level of trust with certain customers, but that level keeps dropping. My customers are forcing me to be a dick.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, based on your post# 36, you had little or no level of trust for them anyhow. Anyway, you play the d!ck card very well. Keep up the good work, d!ckie.