• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Software for Online Proofing

Christian @ 2CT Media

Hello All!

In an effort to streamline our company and offer better service, we are trying to better our proofing process. We currently use CoreBridge and previously ShopVox, both built-in processes are ok but the are convoluted and not very feature rich. We have received some proofs from some vendors that had great features like selective markup, chat like messaging, selective zoom, and multi-version/revision comparison.

The point of this message is to see what my Peers are using to see if there is a better solution available to us. So do any of you use a unique solution, even if it's just a better way of emailing them?

Z SIGNS

Never understood the need for any fancy proofing software.We just email them a sketch for them to say yay or nay

WildWestDesigns

Never understood the need for any fancy proofing software.We just email them a sketch for them to say yay or nay

It's all about efficiency and perception. In of itself doesn't mean one thing or the other as far as what one is capable of, but anything that makes the life of the customer easier, tends to win over points with them (right or wrong).

Having said that, I just send regular PDF proofs (only raster elements as that is really all that I need to safeguard the majority of what I send), but I do have scripts that automate emailing, the msg the email has etc. Other then that, nothing fancy.

Andy D

Hello All!
We currently use CoreBridge ?
I would like the proof to require the customer to actually have to check:
"I approve all spelling and numbers"
"I approve sizes and quantities"....etc.
Is that an option on Corebridge?

I was also looking at Corebridge for their POS pricing and their "online customer project progress check" meaning; the customers
can check on the progress of their projects rather than calling in 10 times a day.
Does that work well?

bannertime

This is something that we've been looking for. In fact, I think I've posted about this in the past. A lot of the proofing software is just collaboration or large project based tools that don't really cater well to sign shops. The two programs you mentioned were the best that I found, in my opinion. My brother and I were in talks of building out a proof tool catered to sign shops, but we didn't receive enough interest to get him invested.

Our current solution is Flexi Templates and rasterizing the artwork inside a PDF and emailing it. It has check boxes for such so that customers hopefully read everything. Even then it's not fool proof cause last week a customer came back and said the entire event title was missing off the banner. I pulled out the proof, the order sheet, and his drawing, none of which had that information. Asked if he actually looked at the proof and he said "no, it looked alright."

Christian @ 2CT Media

Well, it is more than that with a lot fo the clients we deal with that have marketing and ad teams. They have textual changes, color references, size adjustments, etc. The traditional email "Yay / Nay" scenario.

we are trying to prevent a load of emails to parse through and an extended review period by centralizing and allowing direct marking on proofs in a digital manner.

Christian @ 2CT Media

"I approve all spelling and numbers"
"I approve sizes and quantities"....etc.
Is that an option on Corebridge?

I was also looking at Corebridge for their POS pricing and their "online customer project progress check" meaning; the customers
can check on the progress of their projects rather than calling in 10 times a day.
Does that work well?
It does if you have people to make sure they are changing statuses in the system and you are using all the functions to their full extent.

The Proofing Process is: Approved, Approved with Changes, or Not Approved.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
If you have a way of creating your own PDF forms, look into...

"Set as required field"

Be aware, this might be more complicated than it appears depending upon certain conditions, mainly because of data security nowadays.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Well, it is more than that with a lot fo the clients we deal with that have marketing and ad teams. They have textual changes, color references, size adjustments, etc. The traditional email "Yay / Nay" scenario.

we are trying to prevent a load of emails to parse through and an extended review period by centralizing and allowing direct marking on proofs in a digital manner.

For the type of scenario you're describing, a direct link into a print shop's order management solution (database software) and FTP (and other types) server area provided to the customer has been a method for a very, very long time. The customer's team is made responsible for any final files to print, thus, proofing is left up to them. From approved files sitting in their FTP area, a copy is moved to the prepress department where it is managed to actually image to whatever target. If a mistake is found, the customer is notified to correct it and update its current, revised status. Smart software has a double-check for delays, etc. The customer is given access to see their job's line item specs and status as far as production, schedules, etc.

With on-going agencies and projects, they may work with low-res raster elements for efficiency where as the high-res elements using the exact file name reside and re-link on the print shop's side.

Customers always choose to further communicate via phone, email, SMS, AOL AIM, Skype, whatever they prefer.

I'm thinking this method is not unlike ShopVox and CoreBridge but with a significant twist or two.