• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software suggestions for PNC-960

functionpdx

Hi everyone, I've worked in a couple sign shops doing production but never had to be on the end of things where I had to setup files so I'm hoping I can get some educated advice. I think I'm in the right place.
I just bought($300) a Roland CAMM 1 PNC-960 off craigslist and I'm not sure what software works the best, I managed to make a few cuts with CorelDraw12(XP) but I'm hoping there's something else out there that makes more sense. I'll be doing most of the artwork in Illustrator on a mac and just need something that understands the machine and makes it easy to import eps or ai files. Any help at all will be appreciated.

functionpdx

Seems like a good thing

Only having to work in one program. Didn't see the freebie download though, but in the scheme of things is $450 a fair price? I had no idea I could run my plotter with a mac, that would be ideal but finding a driver for Tiger seems like a challenge, it was hard enough just to find one for XP.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The freebie download was years ago...I think it was for Illustrator V.7.0. I design in Illy CS3 Mac and cut in Flexi on P.C. right now, but since i rarely cut vinyL, it works for right now...if i had to cut all the time, I would probably use Magi-sign.

functionpdx

Thanks

I'll get the trial and check it out, but I'm leaning on something that works in windows, having two spare pc's and the mac is a powerbook without a serial port. I putting a little shop together in my basement and don't really have the funds right now for another computer. Maybe sometime in the hopefully near future.