• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

soljet 545ex white ink

petepaz

anyone using this or any othe solvent printer w/ white ink
how are the results and maintenance

we looked at some at the ac show but the sales guy talked us out of it because of problems so we bought the versacamm sp300 which we arevery happy with but white ink gives you so many more pathes to go down

jester2kx

We have a 545ex and have also thought about getting white as an option. I was just kinda given the thought that we wouldnt use it enouph to justify the cost. We would lose one color but be able to print onto colored vinyl and get nice picture on clear vinyls. We decided not to go with it. I didnt know that white was an option on the sp300, I thought they only offered it as a 4 ink system.

ChiknNutz

It isn't an option on the SP300, I believe they mean that they got the SP300 since a viable white option doesn't yet exist for inkjet.

dsi

Only problems I've heard is that the white ink has a 'use by date' in the cartridge.

I also think it is not 100% opaque, so printing on a dark vinyl is not a success.. not that I've seen it personally...

The best thing about the white is that you can print to clear. I've not spoken to anyone that has one though, not too sure that many are out there...

petepaz

only 4 color for the sp300 we did get it because no white option was good at the time
and you would not be able to print on dark vinyl but clear vinyl and clear static
inside window decals

Bennett

Hello,

We have the 545EX with white ink ... its been very useful on some jobs, but in our area there really isn't a big demand for it. I've mostly used it for creating decals for toys (which we have done a lot of). I've also used it for clear cling and doing photos on clear (and they look great -- HUGE difference if white is not used).

White ink is not opaque, so it can't be used to print on dark vinyl. Its used on clear vinyl, and sometimes I even double-coat it to make the white less translucent.

We end changing our white ink cartridges on occasion, even if we haven't printed any white ink because of ink renewals.

You also have to setup a file differently to print white ink (two files are needed, one colour, one white).

There are less profiles available for the 545EX with white. I've had to do some playing in order to get everything work well.

ttyl

jester2kx

We have printed on clear vinyl a couple times for customers but we had to send it through 2 times to get it dark enouph to get a good picture. Both on our 545ex and our sp300.