• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solved-Any way install FineCut without original CD?

jimmmi

Hello, lost the original cd of finecut 8 and for upgrade to 9 is needed. Also even 8 cannot be installed. Any help?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I heard thru the grapevine that you can burn a blank CD and title it FineCut 8 and it will verify it. Never tried it but it's worth a shot.

jimmmi

I heard thru the grapevine that you can burn a blank CD and title it FineCut 8 and it will verify it. Never tried it but it's worth a shot.
I've burned a cd named FineCut8 with the content of the original CD but didn't recognize it either. I have backup of the CD but doesn't work. Asks original for some reason. Also i dont understand why Finecut the works only with Mimaki, and its a Mimaki product, needs serial.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Also i dont understand why Finecut the works only with Mimaki, and its a Mimaki product, needs serial.

I totally agree. The cutter should act as a dongle in my opinion. I think you need a space between FineCut and the 8.

jimmmi

But i i don't understand. Makes no sense. Is there any kind of checksum or something that the Finecut 9 installation recognizes the cd? If its only the name of the disc it should work with copy too

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I don’t get why they’re so weird about finecut, surely you don’t need it unless you’re driving a mimaki with it, why make it awkward to get?

jimmmi

I don’t get why they’re so weird about finecut, surely you don’t need it unless you’re driving a mimaki with it, why make it awkward to get?
I totally agree. No reason to such a procedure for their software working only with their machines. Graphtec's Cutting Master 4 is much simpler to install

FrankW

It works with a mounted ISO Disc Image of the original DVD. Tested it myself. So if you know someone who have a disc, just let them create a disc image to download.

jimmmi

It works with a mounted ISO Disc Image of the original DVD. Tested it myself. So if you know someone who have a disc, just let them create a disc image to download.
I tried also this but maybe i i have wrong name of the cd of something. Can you please tell me the correct name?

jimmmi

If you create it as a copy from the original CD, it should have the correct name automatically.
I can't create it as copy because i lost it. Thats my problem. I just backed up before but as files and folders. So if someone can upload an exact iso to something like wetransfer it will be very helpful. There are no personal data so in it so i think its possible

jimmmi

I guess that just CD replacement with small fee.
No they ask 300€ for the original cd. But told me if someone has the cd he can produce a finecut 9 serial for me and install directly the 9.
The cd produces more than one serial number. What dealer said.
Hope someone willing to help me.

jimdtg

Oops. Hard to understand why Mamaki manages FC like this way. It's really free for Mimaki's cutter users and their website just have trial version for download?????!!!!