• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent Canvas Printing

acothran

I have been running some textile test prints (mainly Aurora Textiles samples) on our Epson GS6000. I've had some good results with some cotton and poplin material but am wondering if any of you have a "go-to" canvas that you use with your solvent/eco-solvent printer. When searching the web the name Fredrix (brand of canvas) keeps popping up. Most info is on aqueous printing but they do make a solvent canvas.

Please let me know if you've had good results with any canvas, Fredrix or not. Also, I am fully aware that canvas would have better results on an aqueous printer but we own a GS6000 and are exploring options. Thanks for any input.

Allen

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a few different canvas's for that machine. Fredrix is really good and they do make it for Solvent. I know a guy who can quote you on Fredrix if you want, I could quote you on the other ones as well if your interested.

AllSquare Jason

+1 The only problem I've had was getting a 54" roll that didn't lay flat enough to print on without getting head strikes.
And this is the major issue with the GS6000 and canvas.

I can tell you that the best canvas you will ever purchase for the GS6000 is the Epson Branded Solvent Canvas. It just isn't the most economical.

Also, look into the Sihl Picasso canvas - good stuff and priced right. PM me your info and I can send you a free sample if interested.