• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent printer

MiguelGonzalez

Is there any reputable brand out there that produce an actual solvent printer (not mild or eco). Our first printer was a solvent printer with xaar printhead(that printhead was a pain in the ass). Most solvent printers in the indian market used Konica minolta head, but the printer manufacturer (allwin,colorjet,etc) are not as reputable as epson, roland, or mimaki.

MiguelGonzalez

Because in india, we still use solvent printer mainly for signs due to its ability to last longer in outdoor and also the cost is generally lower, (Indian market is cheap). There is no restriction that i know as of now. Some of the drawbacks are, lower print resolution(not a huge problem for large print), color not as accurate as epson or roland. Konica Minolta, Xaar and ricoh printhead are some of the common printheads for solvent printer here in India

Last edited:
Yes. There is such a printer. It is manufactured for India and is intended for this market. Can print with hard, medium or eco-solvent. Whatever you pour into it.
Otherwise, the market there is like that because you all try to print as cheaply as possible. On the cheapest machines, with the cheapest consumables and materials. I guess salaries are low too. But this way you all achieve the same low price over and over again. What is the point then?
The price of the final product cannot be reduced forever. At some point, you will all work without profit. This is just my opinion.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
The Seiko- Oki ColorPainter M64s is the reliable eco solvent printer my customers have been using for wraps primarily.
And they last 5-8 yard before they replace them with new one which is exactly the same model.
The colors and lengths don’t shift at all in tiles and they are 3m approved for non fading.