• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvents

parrott

I am curious to know as well. But I think I ready some where that any third party inks will void the warranty.

tcorn1965

I am curious to know as well. But I think I ready some where that any third party inks will void the warranty.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Legally Speaking.
Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and general principles of the Federal Trade Commission Act, a manufacturer may not require the use of any brand of ink (or any other article) unless the manufacturer provides the item free of charge under the terms of the warranty.

If you are told that only the original equipment ink will not void the warranty, you should request that the original equipment ink be supplied free of charge. If you are charged for the manufacturer's brand of ink, this may be a violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act or other applicable law.

Being forced by a manufacturer to use OEM brand supplies may also be a violation of the Sherman and Clayton Antitrust Acts which prohibit "tying" sales.

Terry
[/FONT]

CS-SignSupply

We have a compatible Ultrachrome ink which is solvent based. It is scheduled to be a live product on our website later today. Would you like for me to email or PM a link to you once the product is listed? If yes, send me a PM or email to sales@cibersupply.com

parrott

The only thing I have noticed so far is fading of the green with out laminate. I have heard of others having issues with the yellow but have not experienced that first hand. Only time will tell...

tcorn1965

Interesting....I had heard of this before but didn't know it was a law. Has anyone ever tested it?

Pat,
I had an epson 3130 laser under warranty, they sent a tech out to fix, a week later I get a bill because I was using 3rd party toner. So I called them up and explained the act and said that they were in violation. Had to go through about 6 different people but finally the bill was erased. They had come back on same printer again, while in warranty and I never received a bill.

Terry

CS-SignSupply

Green and Orange are not available as of yet. Was not given a 'it is coming soon' or a 'we will not be offering it' type of answer either.

Save on CMYKLcLm.

As for durability and performance, matches OEM Specs

Letterbox Mike

Not to bash your product, but the OEM specs are not that great as-is, durability is less than amazing. Saving money is one thing, but I doubt a lot of people are going to be willing to put non-OEM ink in their machine and risk ruining rather expensive heads unless there's some greater payoff aside from saving $50 a cartridge. If the ink fading issues aren't addressed and if your inkset is actually missing two of the channels, there's not much incentive there.

Seriously not trying to be a jerk, I'm excited to see aftermarket suppliers starting to bring GS6000 ink to market, it's very needed, but I think this just misses the mark somewhat.

parrott

Not to bash your product, but the OEM specs are not that great as-is, durability is less than amazing. Saving money is one thing, but I doubt a lot of people are going to be willing to put non-OEM ink in their machine and risk ruining rather expensive heads unless there's some greater payoff aside from saving $50 a cartridge. If the ink fading issues aren't addressed and if your inkset is actually missing two of the channels, there's not much incentive there.

Seriously not trying to be a jerk, I'm excited to see aftermarket suppliers starting to bring GS6000 ink to market, it's very needed, but I think this just misses the mark somewhat.

This.

CS-SignSupply

All valid points and I appreciate the reply. Based on the OP, this product hits the mark.

If the pricing for OEM ink from authorized dealer is $240.00 per cart, savings would be closer to $100 per cart using the third-party.

Go through 2 sets of CMYK a month and you will save $800+ a month in ink costs (almost $10k per year). If you need the Green and Orange, get the OEM at OEM price.

Durability of up to 2 years is a little lacking while the unit was purchased with these specs in mind. I believe the Orange and Green inks were formulated to not require heat to dry/set... maybe a reason for the early fading.

Incentive Points:
- OEM Compatible, Plug-n-Play
- OEM Spec Match
- OEM Color Match
- 40% Savings per cartridge vs. OEM ($240 vs $139)
- Free Ground Shipping

We offer a third-party solution for the Epson GS6000 printers. and FYI, I am not in my basement with a syringe of ink filling old cartridges :)

boxerbay

The Man called Pit has OEM Epson GS inks @ $187.00

"2 sets of CMYK a month"?? That is a very optimistic amount of ink used. If you had that amount of volume of work you would not be concerned about saving $50.00 a cartridge. You would be more concerned with aftermarket inks clogging a head and bringing the entire cash cow to a grinding halt. No thanks.

We've had the Epson GS6000 eight months and we are on our second set of cartridges and we are busy.

Letterbox Mike

The Man called Pit has OEM Epson GS inks @ $187.00

"2 sets of CMYK a month"?? That is a very optimistic amount of ink used. If you had that amount of volume of work you would not be concerned about saving $50.00 a cartridge. You would be more concerned with aftermarket inks clogging a head and bringing the entire cash cow to a grinding halt. No thanks.

We've had the Epson GS6000 eight months and we are on our second set of cartridges and we are busy.

We actually go through about 4-5 sets a month on ours (well, not black, orange and green, they last longer since they're not used as heavily), so the savings of an aftermarket ink is a BIG deal to us, really big in fact. But the only way I'd make the switch is if the savings came with prolonged outdoor durability, i.e. a stronger solvent. I'm willing to risk the print heads if I can deliver a superior product to my customers. I'm not willing to take that risk for the savings alone.

boxerbay

We actually go through about 4-5 sets a month on ours (well, not black, orange and green, they last longer since they're not used as heavily), so the savings of an aftermarket ink is a BIG deal to us, really big in fact. But the only way I'd make the switch is if the savings came with prolonged outdoor durability, i.e. a stronger solvent. I'm willing to risk the print heads if I can deliver a superior product to my customers. I'm not willing to take that risk for the savings alone.

geez 4-5 sets a month? either your ink levels are too high which then you need more heat which maybe cause buckling
issues you've mentioned OR your Epson is running 24 hours a day and I'm jealous! haha.