• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some people just dont get it.

showcase 66

Just got off the phone with a guy who wants to buy plain white perf vinyl to put on his windows at home. I asked if he wanted me to apply it and he said he would do it. I asked why he wanted to put this on his house windows and he said he didnt like curtain or blinds and wanted something to block others from seeing in but can still see out.

I explained to him that during the day it would work perfectly but at night, it will have an opposite effect. He started to argue with me when I cut him off and said I could get the perf for him but I need to know exactly how much he needed. He told me but kept going on, on how dumb I was for thinking that at night there is an opposite effect with the perf vinyl. He went on and on about it that he was a tint installer and knows all about this stuff. More he kept talking and talking the price kept going up. Actually never gave him a price since he said he would call me back and then hung up.

J

john1

Yep, classic tire kicker.

I get these all the time. Just blocked some guys number yesterday because he screwed me over in the past and wanted more work done. Called twice and left 2 messages. Uh no, not happening.

showcase 66

Just got a call from a buddy who works at another sign place here. He said the same guy called over there and asked for the same thing. He explained the same thing to the guy and then the guy told him that he talked to me first and I said no one would ever be able to see in night or day.

My buddy said there is no way I would have told him that but if he wanted to come in and see what would happen in the day and night he could.

Wow. Is it a full moon out tonight. The crazies are out.

signswi

We got a call where the customer wanted transparent magnets. Turned out they wanted static clings but it took a while to figure that one out. They never did understand why calling them magnets was incorrect.

Graphics2u

If he was a tint installer he should know perfectly what you were talking about. Turn the dome light on in a car with tinted windows at night and you can see right in.

CanuckSigns

sounds like he is trying to make poor-man's solar blinds, i was considering doing this myself but with perf. banner material and printing black on one side for winter and painting the other side silver for summer. however, this website clearly states that the blinds will provide no night time privacy http://krumperssolarsolutions.ca/solar-blinds/faq/

Is there any application where they aren’t suitable?

"Krumpers Climate Control Solar Blinds™ give no night time privacy, so they are not a substitute for conventional blinds or curtains in the evening. They are not a decorator product in the normal sense of the word, because they do not add colour and texture to your room.'

showcase 66

I did my brothers window in his kitchen with perf. Had a cartoon guy with binoculars starring at his neighbors window. Neighbor didnt appreciate it. Called the HOA and he had to remove it.

Not sure how well it would work as a solar screen. Might block some heat but dont think that much.

TheSnowman

Yea, I love it when my customers can come in and educate me about what I sell. I had a guy that I did helmet logo's for for his softball team. He "introduced" me to this thing called...clear coat? Or, what was it...LAMINATE!? Yea, glad he was there to teach me all about it since the other company he talked to was the only ones in town that could do it. He wasted an hour of my time on a $30 job. It was horrible.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
This guy is a winner.

I had one yesterday come in and tell me how to use my tape measure. As if I don't know how to put lettering the same spot on both sides of his p.o.s. 85 econo van that had more spots where the paint flaked off leaving only primer and/or rust ... should have told him how to fix the lack of paint all over his vehicle ... or how arson is a viable method of washing a car.

Colin

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.............I had one today too, and it really has soured me.

A guy calls near the end of a Thursday and asks for a price on 5 or 10 4'x8' coroplast signs with just simple text (three lines; 2 color), and how fast can I get 'em done. Now, I am a one-man-show (and with a few other sign jobs on the go too), so I said that I could have 'em ready by the mid or end of next week.

He said that was far too long, and he actually said this: "Doesn't the computer just make 'em?" (Biggest face-palm ever). So I said that I would work nights and the weekend and have them ready for him for Monday afternoon. I felt like saying: "A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine", but I bit my tongue.

He asked me to email him a quote, so I did, (5x = $150.00 ea / 10 = $129.00 ea), and I required a go-ahead by 5:00 pm today. He emailed back at 4:41 and said: "I was able to get them for $100 each for Monday. Thank you for your effort on my behalf."

When I said: "May I ask who is doing them for that price?" he said that he found a place in another city.

Nice to support the local guy eh?

Attachments

• Face palm.jpg
    Face palm.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 78

Custom_Grafx

Tell him he needs to apply it on both sides of the glass if he wants it to work day/night.

People with logic like him - fall for stuff like that.