• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Someone tell me something about "Digitrans"

Big Blue

Got a vendor who is a huge fan of this stuff (Mactac Digitrans) for a removable wall graphic material.... Have been using Wall Noodle with pretty good results but had a few prints curl and bubble. I believe this is a wall prep issue, but I would like to use the Digitrans as opposed to the wall noodle. Supposed to be much more aggresive on the adhesion, and the cost is about .28 per sq ft, as opposed to .43 per sqft on the Wall Noodle.... and yes I am sure I can get both for a better price, but this guy is very helpful to me, so we give him most of our business....

I haven't used Digitrans but I've been using a lot of Mactac's busmark. It's printed great so far. I'm actually impressed with the stuff which is saying a lot. You couldn't have payed me to use Mactac's stuff 5 years ago.

~Chris

Big Blue

Is this a removable media?... tell me more about it... I will be printing on a Vutek UV printer

It will not work well on your Press VU. The lamps heat and platen heat will buckle and wrinkle the PSA a few linear feet into the print. Head strike hell and major step issues....

Flexcon Busmark 5800 is the way to go...

Actually that looks to be almost identical to bus mark. Digitrans has black adhesive busmark has a white adhesive other than that it looks to have the same properties and used for the same stuff.

You may want to talk to your vendor about busmark it's a few cents cheaper.

I just stuck a piece on the wall of the shop and then removed it 5 minutes later. It didn't damage the paint.

The company I used to work for had a Nur Fresco. The material printed fair on the Fresco but the heaters dulled the colors. On my Mimaki the colors are bright and the print is crisp.

It has a 2 year outdoor life unlaminated so I've been using it as the "shop" vinyl for short term signs.

Very happy with it so far.

Forgot to mention, the customer that I originally bought this for swears by the removability of this stuff. They specialize in transit graphics they will not using anything but Busmark.

~Chris

Out of curiosity I cut a couple of 5 in x 9 in squares of bus mark and placed them on the walls of the shop and left them to sit overnight.

They removed cleanly and didn't damage the latex paint. The material is thinner than standard wall graphic films and conforms to the texture of the wall. Actually that seems to be a good thing, the swatches had more of a painted look since they conformed to texture and didn't sit on the surface of the wall.

The shop bathroom has fairly horrendous paint job thanks to the previous tenant. I think I might try wrapping it with the Busmark.