• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Source for laser acrylic letters

SignsHere

Hey guys - does anyone have a good wholesale source for laser cut acrylic letters other than the folks at Gem and I? I've been having a lot of issues - letters shipped incomplete, deadlines missed, etc. Wanting to look around for a new supplier.

Z SIGNS

Surprised to hear trouble with gemini.I've always found them pretty good when it comes to everything.

SignsHere

Yeah, we have used them extensively as well. Our business is exhibit and tradeshow, so the deadlines are very aggressive and sometimes the requests are non-standard. We had some thick clear acrylic letters cut and they set the laser start point on cutline of the interior profile instead of using a lead in. Burnt a line into the edge and required a lot of secondary finishing. I felt like that was a very amateur mistake and would not have expected that. Then we had 2-3 projects in close succession that were shipped delayed and one with a missing letter. Very impersonal account management, no one has answers, they need to talk to the factory, etc. In fairness, if we had longer lead times, I don't think there would be as many challenges.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
We had finish problems with our last Gemini order too. It's so out of character, I wonder if they are having staffing issues like a lot of other companies.

tony mansfield

Hey guys - does anyone have a good wholesale source for laser cut acrylic letters other than the folks at Gem and I? I've been having a lot of issues - letters shipped incomplete, deadlines missed, etc. Wanting to look around for a new supplier.
Why do you use a laser cutter instead of a router to cut acrylic..just wondering..

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Our laser gives us a mirror finish on the edges during the first and only cutting pass. No need for separate finishing pass etc.
But it shouldn't make much of a difference if you're already buying pre-made lettering though.