• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp 300 Color Issue

K Chez

Back in Sept., I had the Black/Cyan printhead on my SP300 replaced - everything was fine, colors right on and images crisp. Now I'm noticing on repeat jobs that the blue is printing much lighter and throwing off any colors with a blue component. I'm printing from the same RIPed file as before, machine was just recently cleaned, wipers and sponges replaced. Did a nozzle check and all colors are printing fine with the exception of 1-2 yellow lines being spaced differently but none missing. The piece on the right was printed shortly after the print head replacement, the left from yesterday with the blue much lighter and the red more orange-ish from the lack of the blue. Both are from the same saved RIP file from Versa Works and printed on the same material. The only thing I can think of is did I possibly get a mislabeled cyan ink cartridge that was light cyan? Tried re-ripping and still get the same result. Never had any third party inks in this machine since it was bought new, cleaned regularly.
nozzle%20check_zpshdzhof9j.jpg

color%20issue_zpsahyyazys.jpg

Hey K Chez,

When color shifts as you've demonstrated, the problem is either hardware (ink starvation) or software. In this case, the hardware seems fine, so the focus will be software. You did not indicate the RIP application you're using. The SP-300 uses Roland ColoRIP for processing data and although you indicated the same ripped data is being sent to the printer, it's possible that the color management settings have changed in some way (software glitch). To help confirm this, it's recommended to add the file to the ColoRIP queue again, configure the settings you want and reprint the job. It's a start.

If the problem continues, we have to say that our Authorized Roland Reseller is your first line of defense, however, if you continue to experience issues, please submit an official Roland request for support online here: https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form.

Take care,
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

K Chez

I am ripping using Versa Works 5.5.1 Did try re-ripping the same file and trying another job that I do repeatedly that uses a different profile and color management and still get the same result, blue is lighter. In contact with my tech on it.