• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp 300 vacuum loss

vacwsteve

This will be good for a lugh. I bought a Roland Sp 300 in 1994 . I have maintained it meticulously , being the only user and DONT TOUCH THE MACHINE!

The last few years I have had trouble with head strikes and being unable to keep the material down on the bed to print. Real frustrating today. I am remotely located so service is a personal job , I contacted my service guy and he said I should examine the fan under the heat platen. So I did and this is what I found:

fan0002_zps1d2cef2a.jpg

At first I thought there was aa mesh screen then you can see where I pulled some guff outta the fan.
There was so little vacuum that I was pulling the sheet down the front throughout the print ,and hanging clamped weights off it as well!

Glad to have a laugh and solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeD

had the same problem problem last month with a JV33; 7 years old, and the dust/overspray clogged the fans 100%! Cleaned the fans and head scrapes stopped. I've cleaned all of the JV33's now, and will continue to monitor them.

I haven't ever seen this in any manuals...

vacwsteve

Where did you locate the fan please? I dont see it ---inside under the bottom?

Thank you,
Markus

MAKE SURE THE MACHINE IS UNPLUGGED.

Ya gotta take the six screws off the top of the heat platen and the front stainless cover. You should see the vacuum chamber running the length of the print run. The fan is under the chamber, off to the right a little. There are 2 screws holding it to the chamber. One is easy the other is not. Check the end flaps of the chamber as well, mine were allowing air/dust to enter the chamber as well. Good opportunity to clean out the underside area as well ,there was actual debris in mine.
Good luck!

JETRDY

Hey guys, I have a Sc-545ex i just purchased it.
the suction vacuum fans dont work.
and ive opened it up cleaned the fans.

They still wont turn on.

Any advice to track down if its a main board or something stupid?