• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 300 Won't Print

Precision Eng

Seeing if anyone else has ever had this issue, this is the first for me. Roland sp-300 has been sitting idel for about a week, just cutting, no printing. I went to print today and nothing, wont bring the ink from the cartridges, which are full. did several light and 1 heavy duty cleaning, still no results. Went thru and checked all the dampers (OK)... Used a shringe to make sure ink lines are full. This unit has a new pump as of 6 months ago, installed by Roland rep. When doing cleanings, I do not see any ink being pulled into the lines nor in the ink disposal bottle. Any help appreciated.

Mike

mystysue

That happened here a couple weeks ago and we had a bubble in the ink lines.. The guy from Ordway came out and looked at it for us and thats all he could find wrong.. ..
He took care of that.. and its worked just like normal..

Precision Eng

I see a buble or 2 in the cyan line but all others seem to be ok, unless there are bubbles on down the tubes farther. Did the guy from ordway elaborate on what he did to fix the problem?

Ken

HI Mike.
Does the new pump make the clicking noise?
Also was firmware updated so that you get the automatic daily "wake-up" where a couple of shots of ink are passed thru the heads wether you have been using the machine or not?
Ken

Precision Eng

Ken,
Yes, the new pump does make a lot of clicking noise. As for the firmware upgrade, I'm not sure if the roland rep did that or not. I'm beginning to think
that the heads are plugged, if that is even possible, and if so, a simple way to clean them out. I've watched the capping station move up to the heads just like it is suppose to and at one time I did see the black ink being dumpted into
the container during a cleaning process, other inks...NO dump.

A roland rep told me to put a scringe on the 'T' fitting off the pump line to
pull ink down to the pump but this has not worked.

schurms

Put cleaning solution on a lint free rag and place over cap and park head. Let it sit a few hours and you should be going. If not after that hook a syringe to cap with head parked and suck ink thru cap.

Jackpine

[Ditto.....quote=schurms;297137]Put cleaning solution on a lint free rag and place over cap and park head. Let it sit a few hours and you should be going. If not after that hook a syringe to cap with head parked and suck ink thru cap.[/quote]

Precision Eng

After many hours of tedious work and patience I finally got it to work. Turned out the heads were plugged. Never again will it sit idle for any length of time. Thanks for the help guys.

Ken

Yes, check out that firmware update..I forget what the number is..but it will send ink thru the heads every day..well worth the minimal ink cost. Make sure the machine is left in the main power on mode. My buddy thought the machine was possesed..lol
Ken

GTSTech_1

When the new pumps were installed, your tech needed to adjust the firmware. In Service Mode...Pump Motor.....page 12 change last digit from 0 to 1. Without adjustment firmware will not recognize the new pump.

Also you will always see "only black" when looking at the waste tube....all colors mixed will produce a black.

Precision Eng

When the new pumps were installed, your tech needed to adjust the firmware. In Service Mode...Pump Motor.....page 12 change last digit from 0 to 1. Without adjustment firmware will not recognize the new pump.

Also you will always see "only black" when looking at the waste tube....all colors mixed will produce a black.

I don't see that menu item (Pump Motor) on my machine. It's running
6.5 firmware and I see the latest version is 6.6 so possibly the firmware
was not updated the last time the tec was here and installed the new pump.

Bobas Kalobas

Make sure that you keep it plugged in at all times. Do not unplug your machine at the end of the day so that it can do the automatic surge every few hours.
Make sure your outlet doesnt power off when you shut the lights out.
Power off only at the arrival of severe storms.

Precision Eng

Make sure that you keep it plugged in at all times. Do not unplug your machine at the end of the day so that it can do the automatic surge every few hours.
Make sure your outlet doesnt power off when you shut the lights out.
Power off only at the arrival of severe storms.

Everyday we are printing something with the machine now. Every electronic
piece of equipment we have has a ups/power surge on it but I still pull the main and unplug everything when lightning storms are in the forecast. I mainly put the ups/power surges on to maintain a clean, constant voltage supply as our rural electrical supply is very unstable.