• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V capacitors

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What kind of issue are you having? It's pretty rare a capacitor causes an issue on these printers unless you can see it is physically damaged.

Jen Goodwin

We keep blowing a fuse and think a transistor may be blown, but thought if we were adventurous enough to fix the transistors, we should also fix the capacitors. They do not look damaged (leaking or not flat on top) but when you put a meter on the C47 it stays pinned and the C81 pins the needle and then slowly goes down.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually when a fuse continues to blow it's a bad cable some where along the line or a damaged terminal that the cables plug into. I would start by checking all the cable leads and making sure they aren't dirty, damaged, or corroded. Also air dust all the boards and pay special attention to the terminals. Also, if a head fails electronically sometimes it can cause the same issue. It's not the best way to do things but you can test this by plugging 1 head in at a time and turning the machine on. When the fuse blows, you know which head is causing the issue.

Jen Goodwin

So originally - we were having an ink issue but while diagnosing and trying to fix that - got cleaning solution on both head boards and then got zero ink out of both heads. Figured we blew the heads, so replaced both heads, the carriage board and all the ribbons (along with new cap tops) Everything is new, clean, seated correctly and we blow the F2 F3 fuses. What do you think could be the problem?

Jen Goodwin

Thanks! I looked there but I couldn't find any with the same top markings. We got a bunch of fuses and started to unhook stuff to see what blows the fuses. Without the print heads hooked up, turn it on - it blows the fuses. Unhooked the CN11 cable - turned it on, doesn't blow the fuse. Unhooked CN208 - also doesn't blow the fuse. Hook it all back up, it blows the fuses.

Jodean

its the transistor, mine was just one, can check them without unsoldering them. one or two will give different readings than the others.
got mine from china, or you can pay 5x as much and get them in US for like $25 each

highly doubt you need caps

player

I don't think you can measure capacitors while they are still on the board. You will have to desolder them from the board and then measure them to see if they are out of spec.