• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Cut Carriage Cable replacement guide

JohnnyB123

When I've had cutting issues before I've always made sure I've got propper Roland blades in the holder (so you know where you are to start with when trying to troubleshoot) - also, just a thought - I've had weak cutting depths out-of the-blue before where I didn't do up the blade holder retaining screw quite tight enough - which lets the blade holder slip-up in it's housing just a fraction during cutting to give poor/light cutting - the solution being to be just a little braver when tightening up the blade holder screw... hope this helps...

JohnnyB123

I appreciate the info as I replaced my carriage cable with ease by using the .pdf provided. Thanks.

Unfortunately, my problem still exist somewhere. Basically, my cut pressure is going away. Where I use to cut htm2 vinyl at 50grams, i'm now at 95 and when Im trying to cut 3 mil lamination, it barely cuts trough it. Then of course when I cut 11 mil and above for MX graphics, it barely scores it. I can put the pressure at the max(300g) and its the same.

I have been reading forums and talking with Roland techs who have have me replace the cutter strip, blade holder(obviously been buying numerous eom 60 degree blades) and now just replaced the carriage ribbon cable. Nothing has changed except the hole in my wallet. Whats next. Any suggestions?

When I've had cutting issues before I've always made sure I've got propper Roland blades in the holder (so you know where you are to start with when trying to troubleshoot) - also, just a thought - I've had weak cutting depths out-of the-blue before where I didn't do up the blade holder retaining screw quite tight enough - which lets the blade holder slip-up in it's housing just a fraction during cutting to give poor/light cutting - the solution being to be just a little braver when tightening up the blade holder screw... hope this helps...

mvp-graphics

Thanks but a no go for me

I appreciate the info as I replaced my carriage cable with ease by using the .pdf provided. Thanks.

Unfortunately, my problem still exist somewhere. Basically, my cut pressure is going away. Where I use to cut htm2 vinyl at 50grams, i'm now at 95 and when Im trying to cut 3 mil lamination, it barely cuts trough it. Then of course when I cut 11 mil and above for MX graphics, it barely scores it. I can put the pressure at the max(300g) and its the same.

I have been reading forums and talking with Roland techs who have have me replace the cutter strip, blade holder(obviously been buying numerous eom 60 degree blades) and now just replaced the carriage ribbon cable. Nothing has changed except the hole in my wallet. Whats next. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I already did this.

Issue fixed: It was Roland Versaworks....When I put the cut pressure in, it was not overriding the printers settings. I put cut pressure straight into the printer and it worked. WOW. $1200 later and all these new parts for a simple software malfunction. LIFE!!

Team Valhalla

Love the data base here on Signs 101!

I've put up with this issue for awhile - dreading doing the fix on my own. Finally bit the bullet and got the parts.... did a few searches for vids and found this thread... was done in an hour.

Took longer than it should have because I did some cleaning on the machine as I went.

Great input from everyone!

TV

lggraphix

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. Changed out that cable in about an hour. The PDF was awesome and purchased the parts from Omniscience which someone here recommended (they were great!). I didn't have the tool to lower the cap tops - I ended up putting it in cleaning mode to get the carriage to the far left, then just powered off the machine and worked from there. Anyone attempting this, just take photos so you know how to put everything back together. The placement of the cable guides is specific (one is a little further out than the other). Also, worth it to buy the rivets and just replace vs trying to reuse. Those are tiny and a pain to try and feed back in. The new ones go in super easy. Thanks again everyone, you all saved us some $$$$ for sure. We paid $800 a couple years ago to have a Roland tech drive out to replace that same cable.