• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Left Pinchroller Error

crgraphics

Got an old sp-300v and i'm getting a left pinchroller error, or 0.0 for width, and it's becoming more frequent. I just changed the encoder strip and the encoder board, but that didnt fix the issue. After a few tries I can get the problem to clear up and resume printing. Any ideas? Thanks!

damonCA21

Clean the sensor on the cut carriage that senses the roller. These often get dusty and don't pick up the roller when they go over them. The other thing is the sensor could be failing, so should be replaced

crgraphics

Clean the sensor on the cut carriage that senses the roller. These often get dusty and don't pick up the roller when they go over them. The other thing is the sensor could be failing, so should be replaced
any idea what the sensor is called? i found this one at digiprint...
This Sensor-Interrupter GP2A25NJ is suitable for Roland AJ-1000 printers. This is the original Roland part (number 15099115). This sensor detects the width from the pinch rollers position.

crgraphics

ok, so i replaced the pinch roller sensor...but still getting the same errors...so i bought a cable, but not sure if its the correct one. Its from digiprint and the bag says CABLE CARD, 15P1 1900L BB SP-300 SKU:23475207 its 6 feet long by ⅝ inch wide...i was expecting a wider cable (see pict attached). This looks too complicated for me to try and replace so i guess i gotta call for service, but i wanna make sure this is the correct cable. Thanks!

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 25

weyandsign

Just try sticking a piece of white reflective on the front of the metal tab, it might solve your problem easily. It helps the machine detect where the pinch roller is.

crgraphics

Hah...did it...replaced the cable, works like a charm now! Thanks everyone for your help, wasn't sure if this was something I could handle without causing more problems, but once i took all the covers off, it didn't look too difficult.