• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V no power

Jim Hill

I was printing this morning with the printer, and it worked perfectly.
Turned it on 30 minutes later and no power. I have tried different outlets, and they appear to be working fine.

What fuses should I check first and what type of meter should I check the fuses with and on what setting?

Thanks for your help. Jim

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think there should be a fuse right at the power cable connector.
You can just first check the continuity, if it's still alive or not.

Jim Hill

I was printing this morning with the printer, and it worked perfectly.
Turned it on 30 minutes later and no power. I have tried different outlets, and they appear to be working fine.

What fuses should I check first and what type of meter should I check the fuses with and on what setting?

Thanks for your help. Jim
I think the reason I have no power to the printer is I had replaced the sensor for the encoder strip which I forgot about, and I had to unplug the two ribbon cables going from the heads to the main board and when I checked sure enough I found two pins bent.
I ordered two new cables and once I receive them I will install them.
Anyone good tutorials for replacing these cables?

Hope I did not blow any fuses in the process.
Thanks, Jim

walton611

I've done this, i was trouble shooting some heads, was tired got ahead of my self. I forgot the printer was on. This was with dx4 heads, i burned up the printhead board and wasted those printheads.