• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP-540 Head not firing after installing new DX4 Manifold

Creative Dept

HELP!!!
I`ve replaced head manifold & am having problems. It was printing in the morning but after running cleaning solution through the lines like I do every month or so, my Black/Cyan head is not firing. See test print image.
I've been told I may have blown the external fuse, I've checked the fuses in the image below and they look to be intact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1st image is of my own CMYK test print I do with the broken manifold missing Cyan.
2nd image is same CMYK test print with Blk/Cyan head not firing and looking like I'm running light magenta
3rd image is yesterdays test print via machine
4th is this mornings test print via machine
5th is what I'm thinking are external fuses but can't seem to locate fuses on the main board ( Part number )
F2 22555109 FUSE,CCF1NTE1.6 FUSE for HEAD BK&CY

Attachments

• IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3157.JPG
    IMG_3157.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 181

C5 Service&Repair

I'm guessing this is a SP(i) machine. The fuses you have pictured are for the heaters and not the heads. On the SP models, the fuses are soldered onto the board and are not serviceable without unsoldering and resoldering new ones in.
Is there cyan/black ink leaking onto the head? If everything is reassembled correctly, and there is no air leak, I would guess you need to re-prime the dampers.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Un plug printer from power check F2 F3 with a VOM lower right corner of main board.. You can solder a new fuse on top the fuse that is blown (probably F2)

player

When my fuses blew I ran wires from the fuses to new fuse holders so I could change them out in the future. Must be able to solder though.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have the fuses and fuse holders available on my site here. The holder makes it easier to change in the future if needed.

Jim Hill

I'm guessing this is a SP(i) machine. The fuses you have pictured are for the heaters and not the heads. On the SP models, the fuses are soldered onto the board and are not serviceable without unsoldering and resoldering new ones in.
Is there cyan/black ink leaking onto the head? If everything is reassembled correctly, and there is no air leak, I would guess you need to re-prime the dampers.

C5 Service and Repair wrote the following, On the SP models, the fuses are soldered onto the board and are not serviceable without unsoldering and resoldering new ones in.

What I did with my SP when a fuse blew on the on the head.
I went to the auto parts store and purchased an inline fuse holder and then I soldered the end of it and then I took the wire and touched in the correct fuse and touched quick with the soldering iron and has worked perfectly for the past five years.
Now if a fuse blows again it is a simple matter of changing the fuse.
Make sure you purchase the correct fuse from Roland first.

Hope that helps. Jim