• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540 How to find IP Address Using Roland InterCon-NetTool

Steve Brown

Hi,

I have checked all the menus and cannot find where to set the IP Address for my SP-540.

I have also run the Roland InterCon-NetTool to see if it would pick it up but nothing.

Is there a way to find what the IP Address is set to on my SP-540.

Thanks.

Ragnabrok

if it's an sp-540i, it's system info->network->ip address, subnet mask, gateway
if it's an sp-540, or sp-540V, then it's net-tool. if it isn't showing up in net-tool almost immedialty after hitting the refresh and rebuild buttons, you can reset the network card on the printer by turning off the main power switch, holding the smal blue button the the network connection, powering it on, waiting ten seconds, repeat that process and fire it up normally. try net-tool again.

Steve Brown

Default IP Given to Roland when Reset

if it's an sp-540i, it's system info->network->ip address, subnet mask, gateway
if it's an sp-540, or sp-540V, then it's net-tool. if it isn't showing up in net-tool almost immedialty after hitting the refresh and rebuild buttons, you can reset the network card on the printer by turning off the main power switch, holding the smal blue button the the network connection, powering it on, waiting ten seconds, repeat that process and fire it up normally. try net-tool again.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :)

The Print & Cut is an SP-540V so I do need the net-tool. Can you tell me what the default IP address is after doing the reset of the network card?

I think I may need to set me Laptop to this range when using the net-tool.

Thanks.

FrankW

The Intercon-Nettool will find devices too if they don't have a default IP in the same range. If your printer don't appear, you should check your network connection.