• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540i

select426

Hello everyone I am hoping I could get some clarification from the group here. We are having issues with our black print quality and before we go ahead and change a head I want to see if you guys think that is what the issue would be.

We have changed cap stations and dampeners along with pulling ink through with a syringe. We have also gone through all the setup and calibration.

Thanks I’m advance for your help.

This is what a test print looks like.
697638F0-11CF-40B1-BE9D-9ACAE2058CDC.jpeg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Based on that nozzle test, you have a lot of deflection on the black, my guess is that you had a head strike at some point. My suggestion is get a new head.

IsItFasst

Yeah, the black part of the head always seems to go first due to head strikes and the black contaminates more easily due to how the ink is made. It also looks like you could use a feed calibration (some others possibly too) since your two passes are very close together. You should see equal distance between all the lines (notice how the ones in the middle are much closer to each other than the rest). You can still print as it is but your blacks won't be perfect (will look like banding). So realistcally a head replacement is where it's at. I've had my SP for about 12 or more years and replacing the head is just somthing you have to do every few years depending on how much you print. Consider it an expensive consumable.