• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-540v black test print ???

franklinsigns

whats going on with my black? is it a head problem or data?

Attachments

• rolandtestprint.jpg
    rolandtestprint.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 222

DEXRON12

whats going on with my black? is it a head problem or data?
Try doing a head soak. I use the head height function to get the heads off the captops then fill the captops with isopropyl alcohol. Pinch the ink line to the pump.Press enter and when the head sits back on the captops turn the main power off. Give it an hour then release pinch from ink line and do a strong clean. Should get it back.

Hey franklinsigns,

Based on the firing pattern, it's quite likely that the head has reached the end of its useful life and need replacement. You can attempt cleanings and soaks to restore the nozzles, but we suspect the problem will continue (we hope we're wrong and you successfully get it working again).

As for what solution to use to clean the head(s), we recommend the use of EcoSol Cleaning Liquid only.

Ultimately if the problem continues, please contact your authorized Roland dealer to have the printer repaired.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn