• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP 540V Cutting Issue

southernink

When cutting contour cuts, my media will not track straight on anything over 2 feet long. I have replaced the blade and cutting strip and adjusted force. This is with using all 4 pinch rollers. This has been an ongoing problem which keeps me from producing large decals or large gang sheets of small decals. I'm at a loss.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 287
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 111

cornholio

You will probably have to replace the outer pinch rollers (complete with the black part holding the rollers)
Look closely at the black parts, where the sit on the actuating rod. They tend to get cracks and don't have the correct spring loaded pressure anymore.

southernink

Thank you for the input. While inspecting the roller assemblies, I could see the cracks and the have a lot more up and down play than the inside rollers. This is a problem I have dealt with for 2 years. So you don't know how much I appreciate your advice. You're the first person to ever mention the cracks in the assemblies. Again, THANK YOU!

norman.signs

Honestly, you can have everything set perfectly (cut scan & feed, speed, new rollers, enviro match, proper profile, crop recognition, crop mark black adjusted, etc.) And a sp540v won't track exact over 2'.

samix73

hello

"I think I have the same issue. On small lengths, the cut is correct with maybe a minimal error of a millimeter. But for large patterns, the cut doesn't match the pattern at all, with offsets ranging from 1 centimeter to several centimeters. This is very problematic because the entire print needs to be redone. Can you explain this crack problem to me? I'm French, my English is not great, and I don't have the technical language :)"

damonCA21

The cracks are in the black parts that hold the pinch rollers to the square rod behind it. If they crack the rollers become loose and the vinyl will not be held correctly. Sometimes they dont crack but become worn and loose so need replacing.
They are hard to find but you can get used ones on ebay

damonCA21

hello

"I think I have the same issue. On small lengths, the cut is correct with maybe a minimal error of a millimeter. But for large patterns, the cut doesn't match the pattern at all, with offsets ranging from 1 centimeter to several centimeters. This is very problematic because the entire print needs to be redone. Can you explain this crack problem to me? I'm French, my English is not great, and I don't have the technical language :)"
Have sent you a message

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Make sure the rubber wheel on the pinchrollers did not come loose. I had that issue a dozen time in the last 15 years. Just hold the whole pinch roller and push on the rubber to the side and see if it comes off the metal roller. You can just change the wheel itself. No need to order a whole assembly. Also make sure you order the correct one. The ones on the outside is different the rest. ( they are tapered) DO NOT lose the c clip when you changing them. It's ridiculous but you can only order them in a LARGE quantity ( 50pcs)

SigSignsMT

While this doesn't serve as a solution, consider incorporating a bleed into your artwork. It appears that there's currently no bleed, and you're cutting directly along the edge of the black oval. This should give you some wiggle room.