• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp-540v, cutting problem

sittinglow

ok, see if someone can help me out,
i think i know how to cut with my machine, but doesn't always work.
in illustrator, i make a stroke, no fill, set the weight to .25, and miter limit to 1, make any color other then standered colors, make it a spot color,
and name it "CutPath" and or, "CutContour" , and at the end, sometimes it cuts, and sometimes it dosen't????
Now when i send it to versaworks, and if i dont see the dancing ants, i dont print it

oh and how do i print, laminate, and cut after that, i guess i have to know how to cut before i get to this!!!

if anyone can help, i would app.
Thanks
www.sittinglow.com:unclesam:

sundancekc

Make sure the file is in CMYK color mode. That has always been my solution to that problem. I've experienced the exact same issue because part of the file is RGB usually a placed image and part is CMYK, namely the spot color path named CutContour. The file defaults to RGB even though there are CMYK layers or elements present.

Simply change the color mode of the file to CMYK and you're good to go.

Hope that helps.

sittinglow

Hey Sundancekc

HEY IT WORKED, YOUR WERE RIGHT, THE CMYK, SETTING WAS RIGHT, I THOUGHT I DIDN'T WORK, BUT IT DID, MY ART WORK WAS RED, SO I COULDN'T SEE THE DANCING ANTS! THANKS BROTHER!:U Rock:

sundancekc

Whew. Thought I was losing my touch.:thumb:

As far as the print, lam, cut flow:

On the Job Settings screen choose the "Mark" setting and check the box labeled "Crop Mark"

Then choose the "Cut Controls" settings and choose "Print Only".

Now, RiP and print as usual. After printing be sure to leave about four to six inches of extra vinyl after the bottom crop marks and then cut the sheet and laminate (after waiting a bit for the ink to dry of course).

After lamination, put the printed piece back in, line up the black circles on the cut strip of the printer, go to the job settings, choose "Cut Controls" and select "Cut Only" in the drop down. (It's also recommended to adjust the cut depth by enabling the Advanced Settings and set to about 110 gf for general uses. Your mileage may vary.)

Click OK and then hit the Print/Cut button and you're done.

Cheers!