• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V issues with cut feed adjustment

EpicEffex

My cut feed adjustment is off and I have tried all that I know to correct it. I have run a cut adjust calibration. The scan direction was perfect at zero but my feed adjustment said I was off by -0.4mm (cut line crossed the bottom mark at -0.4mm). So I went ahead and adjusted the feed setting from 0 to -0.4mm and there was no change in the test print/cut. Next I tried using the auto calibrate function and still got the same result after calibration. In a final effort to understand what's going on I changed the feed setting drastically to 1.5mm and still the feed cut line met at the -0.4mm calibration line. I am not sure what else I can do or what can cause this issue.

Any ideas?

klingsdesigns

On my vp I would calibrate it first in service mode. Then fine tune it again in user mode. Not sure if you can do that or not. Seemed to work better.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I wouldn't use the scale, I would use black squares with a cut line around them. If you are using 54" material make the graphic with a square on the left, center and right. That way you can see if the cut changes from one side to the other. I wouldn't duplicate the square in the RIP but do it in Illustrator or whatever program so the graphic is a single file. It'll be more accurate. This is a much better way to make those adjustments than the scale.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Anytime I run into print cut issues on a Roland I run the encoder setup and calibration, then run the environmental match.