• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 encoder strip flip over

technowolf

Hi
I have cleaned the encoder strip multiple time and know notice that it is damage, I would like to flip it over, waiting for new one. How do i move the head to acces the screw, without dryup of head???

Gabriel

Hi

Enter in the cleaning menu. Cleaning Button + Power on. The printing carriage will move in to the right side. After that, you will unplug the printer. Simple.
If you move fast, maximum 20 minutes(you don't need too much time to flip the encoder strip), it will be just fine. Is no danger for the print-heads to dry up.

technowolf

no always the same kinda lines, after cleaning it is usualy fine but i did a bad move and scratch of a couple of line in the strip, so i would like to turn it over, but what mode should i put it in so i can take my time to punch new holes clean it without head drying

Gabriel

When the printer is shut down(Power OFF), press Cleaning Button + Enter Button in the same time. The printer will tell you what to do and you will gain access to that screw. After the print-head is in the right side of the printer, just unplug it. You will have all the time you want. 20 minutes are enough to do the move.
Good luck!

technowolf

Enter in the cleaning menu. Cleaning Button + Power on. The printing carriage will move in to the right side. After that, you will unplug the printer. Simple.
If you move fast, maximum 20 minutes(you don't need too much time to flip the encoder strip), it will be just fine. Is no danger for the print-heads to dry up.
ok what can i use to punch new holes?

Gabriel

Hi

No, I think this will be just fine until the new encoder strip will come. How much have you paid for it?