• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300 head alignment?

geckophoto

OK, I got my new replacement head from Solventinkjet since the other one I got from a different dealer was DOA...the new head is just fine, but I'm trying to do all the alignment and getting 'ghosting' of C/M lines, it seems they are not printing in registration and I see the two colors but it is supposed to be a gray color. I have two pics, one from a previous good print before my head went bad and now the second one with the new good head.
I have done the alignments per manual when installing a new head but not sure what is causing this? I will also post the alignment test prints too. Any ideas on what adjustment is needed to fix?

geckophoto

C/M not aligning.

9D4E6ADD-2642-4D28-AE1C-7108B519C97F.jpeg

geckophoto

Bias test print, is this an issue with M lines slightly forward of K lines? Manual shows them aligned to top/bottom?

Attachments

• 2FDD522D-44BA-4244-B92A-A19FB6B49B19.jpeg
    2FDD522D-44BA-4244-B92A-A19FB6B49B19.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 77

geckophoto

Horizontal software setting look proper to me.

Attachments

• A1DE64BE-3FC8-4B48-B170-D726DC2D3FBF.jpeg
    A1DE64BE-3FC8-4B48-B170-D726DC2D3FBF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

FrankW

It is obvious that your vertical alignment is wrong. It is visible in the bias and nozzle test. Looks like when printing the vertical alignment test (can be seen above the bias test on your photo) at the top a black line is missing, and your MY-head shifts a whole line unit.

Sometimes it could happen that the range of the screw dont allow to move the head far enough because the head dont sit correctly in the mounting frame. In the service manual is shown how to align the head in the mounting frame.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure when you replaced the head that you cleaned the area around where the print head sits. Ink tends to buildup and cause the head to stick in place so the alignments won't move. but you're on the right track. You should always do the alignments in order. Bias, Vertical, Horizontal, and Bi-Directional in service mode and the bi-directional in user mode to finish.

• Agree
Reactions: spb

geckophoto

Make sure when you replaced the head that you cleaned the area around where the print head sits. Ink tends to buildup and cause the head to stick in place so the alignments won't move. but you're on the right track. You should always do the alignments in order. Bias, Vertical, Horizontal, and Bi-Directional in service mode and the bi-directional in user mode to finish.
It was the vertical adjustment, using white knob...got it lined back up and printing perfect. Now to adjust my cut registration and then I'm back in biz!!!! Thanks Solventinkjet for the new head it works perfect, sending back that bad one to the other company to try to get refund/replacement.