• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp300 lost communication with printer...

Ken

Hi all. Could be...we had a thunderstorm..the printer has its own UPS..and computer has its own UPS..I think the UPS also acts as a surge suppressor? These are both APC units. Pretty sure I had unplugged the workstation from the wall but did not unplug the printer from the wall.
Could be.. I had just upgraded to the new version of Adaware antivirus.
I turned off Adaware ( did not uninstall). Still no communication with printer ( I am using Colorip v.2).
In control panel (printers and faxes) it showed the Versacamm offline..I corrected that to the "Ready" state..no fix there.
Oh yeah, I've tried 3 different usb cords. The usb port on the computer seems ok 'cause when I plug in something else it is recognized and functions. I searched thru many pages of posts here before posting my message today.
WHO should I contact among our members here?
Any ideas most welcome.
Thanks.
Ken
PS..to top it off ..my telephone line has a bad static noise now and our satellite TV is not working.

noregrets

You probably dont want to hear this, but it could be a blown motherboard. Do you have another computer/laptop that you can try and connect to just to rule out the computer side of it?

Ken

Hey, thanks. I'll load colorip onto the laptop and give that a try. Dont know about the motherboard though as the printer fires up ok and I can run thru the menu, do a test print, it recognizes the media width etc.
Thanks.
Ken
Is there some way to check the usb port on the machine?

noregrets

I had similar problems with mine a few years ago and turned out to be a fried motherboard, apparantly caused via the USB port although the tech wasn't 100% as to why. Everything worked apart from communication with the PC

You can reset your USB ports by switching your PC off and unplugging the power cable and letting it rest for half an hour, I think it has something to do with discharging capacitors or something......might help

Ken

Is there a test for usb port on printer?

HI all. Still no progress with the versacamm receiving files from the rip.
Is there a way to find out using a multimeter if there is any power at the usb in connection? What voltage should be there? Thanks. Ken