• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP300i new problem occurs

Eric Lemay

Hi !

Since a month or two I have problem with my prints. The darker colors are affected, I mean those using black ink. Bright colors don't have those lines (as you can see on the picture below).

The black head has been changed 1 year ago. Last summer, I changed the wipers and the captops. In the same time, I also removed the encoder strip and cleaned it with acetone. I didn't change the dampers and I don't know the last time they have been changed.

I did a print test and everything is beautiful. I also went into the service menu and printed solid stripes of the 4 ink cartridges. The black was solid, no lines as it appears on the picture below.

This print is on a oracal vinyl. When I was printing on Roland photo paper, that was not happening, but since a few days, those line appears on this paper too.

Should I change the dampers ?

Thank you !

Print.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I would say a bi-directional adjustment is probably needed. Also, do you have a picture of the nozzle test print?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you tried playing around with the profile settings? Are you doing a high quality print or just standard? Also you could play around with the speed and heat, but I think it could be partially an alignment thing. Have you done a Calibration recently to make sure the feed gap is correct?

Eric Lemay

Have you tried playing around with the profile settings? Are you doing a high quality print or just standard? Also you could play around with the speed and heat, but I think it could be partially an alignment thing. Have you done a Calibration recently to make sure the feed gap is correct?
Yes I tried many profile such as many papers. This was happening first only on vinyl, but then appeared on photo paper and t-shirt vinyl. I didn't do an alignment yet, that's a good idea to check this out.