• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V Error 0110 cap stand goes down and stops there....

geckophoto

When I turn on the machine, the cap stand moves down and then I get the 0110 error. This has happened several times in the past and I just power down then back on and it usually works, but now I can't seem to get it past this step.

I just read about cleaning the encoder strip, did it with a alcohol pad and still this error. As I look at the actual encoder there is a red light that is on, is this normal? Do I need a new encoder board? I run the set up mode and then manually move the cap stand back up to not let the heads dry out. As I do this I see the cap stand move with the blue/black side go up a little more than the other side, but it eventually seats when it gets on the heads, I think this may be a slight problem as my heads seem to be drying out a bit with running the machine once a week or so, I just try to turn it on to clean heads and run a test pattern but now it usually needs a couple cleaning and tonight I couldn't get past the first cleaning with the 0110 error.

Does the 0110 error account for other problems besides the encoder strip/board? Can this be a cap stand motor issue instead? Any ideas???

geckophoto

I now also get the 0101 error, looked it up and thinking maybe my encoder is bad or the strip? It gets to the Cut Down POS and then just stops and I have to switch off the machine to get out of the mode/0101 error. I have a new encoder and strip on the way from ebay...think this will solve my problem?

geckophoto

I did the limit position initialization, then it goes to the next step Setting UP Cutter Down POS and it get an unrecoverable limit sensor reading...new sensor needed? It's coming in the mail tomorrow.....

C5 Service&Repair

when it says "Setting up Cutter Down POS", are you moving the carriage by hand all the way to the left and forcing the carraige against the inside of the printer before pressing enter?

geckophoto

I just tried doing it again...I do the Limit Initialization, move the head to the left about 1' and it says to next Move To Cap Position, I them move it back over the caps and hit enter, caps go up and then it says Setting UP The Limit, Processing/Detected, then it goes to Setting UP Cutter Down POS, I then moved the head all the way to the LEFT and hit enter, it gives me the UNRECOVERABLE LIMIT SENSOR ERROR and I have to power off the machine to start the process over just to get the heads to seat back in the caps and I then turn off the machine so they won't dry out. I got my new encoder sensor and hope today the encoder strip comes in the mail, should I just replace BOTH of these to try and fix the problem?

Must I do the Linear Encoder Setup procedure first before doing the Initialization or is the Linear Encoder Setup for when I replace the encoder strip/sensor board?
4 Adjustment
4-6 LINEAR ENCODER SETUP (Referential Time : 10min.)
[About LINEAR ENCODER SETUP]
LINEAR ENCODER SETUP is necessary for the machine to recognize the width by the software coordinates.
It is also necessary for checking whether the encoder module can read the scale correctly in the whole width

Last edited:

geckophoto

OK, so I got my new parts and went to test the machine one more time before putting them in. Turned it on, and I moved the pinch rollers to s different section, did the Encoder Initialization again.

Heads went up to cap properly, came back down and then the head moved to the left slightly off the caps...THEN the cutter disengaged and I was able to move only the cutter to the far left, before the cutter moved with the print head also. I got the system to complete everything properly and was able to print a sample with no problems but a nozzle or two that needed cleaning since not using the machine.

I then capped off the drain line and ran the test again to move the head over so I could put some cleaner on the capping station to move the head back over and sit for a bit....but now the cutter section did not dis engage and back to my same problem again.

Now I wonder if there is another sensor that needs cleaning on the pinch roller areas? I have had in the past on times it not read the pinch rollers properly and then I would move them and it would read again when I set my sheet.

Any tips on this random issue I am having? Pinch roller sensor? Encoder strip I cleaned before and it was a bit dirty on the cleaning swab I used but it looks fine now. Maybe get a can of duster and clean the areas/pinch rollers/encoder strip?

Seems like my issue now is when I do the encoder process I get to the Encoder Cut Down POSit does not unlock from the print head to move all the way to the left...