• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP300V problems after maintenance

bigblocktrader

I did a manual cleaning replaced cap top and dampner on black side,
now having issues with black and cy missing nozzles
noticed cy damper is only 1/2 full so replaced it again still 1/2 full
now I have black printing on cy side and still bad test print
I did plenty of cleaning even with cleaning cartridge

Im kinda lost at this point and asking for help please

Attachments

• 20181223_095645.jpg
    20181223_095645.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 206

asd

try pulling ink with a syringe from the cap top line that usually solves my problems when a get a test print like that.

bigblocktrader

try pulling ink with a syringe from the cap top line that usually solves my problems when a get a test print like that.

I just pulled two syringe full of cy through dampner its printing cy instead of black and staying full but test print still looking bad

Attachments

• 20181224_144759.jpg
    20181224_144759.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 171

IsItFasst

I have in the past just drawn a long rectangle in the color that isn't fully firing and printed it just so you aren't wasting so much ink of other colors. Hasn't always worked but sometimes it has gotten those spots to start working. A good head soak may be required too depending on how long the caps have been bad causing parts of the ink to dry within the head.

bigblocktrader

I have in the past just drawn a long rectangle in the color that isn't fully firing and printed it just so you aren't wasting so much ink of other colors. Hasn't always worked but sometimes it has gotten those spots to start working. A good head soak may be required too depending on how long the caps have been bad causing parts of the ink to dry within the head.

I did that right after I used syringe, could this be a manifold sucking air ?

Attachments

• 20181224_144806.jpg
    20181224_144806.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 178

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
A properly working damper should be about half full. Just so you know for the future. You are getting cross contamination which could be a couple things. If the cap top is 3rd party that's where I would suspect the issue. We have gone through multiple suppliers for the 3rd cap tops and pretty much all of them fail. If the cap top is OEM, check your pump tubes for clogs. If the tubes a re slightly clogged they will cause the ink to drain too slowly which causes contamination and siphon effects.

bigblocktrader

A properly working damper should be about half full. Just so you know for the future. You are getting cross contamination which could be a couple things. If the cap top is 3rd party that's where I would suspect the issue. We have gone through multiple suppliers for the 3rd cap tops and pretty much all of them fail. If the cap top is OEM, check your pump tubes for clogs. If the tubes a re slightly clogged they will cause the ink to drain too slowly which causes contamination and siphon effects.

just checked pump tubes they are clean and I always do that with scheduled maintenance,cross contamination is back,test print is still bad.
going to your site now to order cap tops

premiercolour

Merchant Member
just checked pump tubes they are clean and I always do that with scheduled maintenance,cross contamination is back,test print is still bad.
going to your site now to order cap tops

Just went to solventinkjet.com and searched for cap top. I don't think they carry it. Maybe you want to give them a call.

We have original cap top for Roland SP300V in stock to ship today from S. California.

https://www.premiercolour.com/products/original-cap-top-for-roland-soljet-versacamm-dx4

Customer Service
Premier Colour from S. California
714-668-9200

bigblocktrader

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Confirming order [HASHTAG]#1069[/HASHTAG]. You will get a tracking number before end of today. Thank you!

Customer Service
Premier Colour Inc
714-668-9200

[HASHTAG]#1069[/HASHTAG]

Jim Hill

Did you replace the two springs under the cap top?
When they get stretched they no longer apply the correct pressure against the cap tops when the heads are parked and that can cause the air leak you have.

Jim

Terry01

Either cross contamination or you put too much pressure on a syringe doing a manual clean..Possibly killed a head.