• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP300V "Temperature too low" / Thermistor reading 0c/32f

racerchick72

The black/cyan head in my SP300V was deflecting the black exceptionally bad. The machine worked very well, otherwise and the cyan nozzels were perfect. I did a heak soak, head flush, changed the dampers, capping station, and no improvement (also put in all new roland ink cartridges after the complete flush, just in case the ink was old/bad). So after speaking with my local Roland tech, he suggested that since the black head is the first in the line, perhaps it had struck some tunneled media and that damaged the head. He told me I needed a new print head. I ordered a genuine Roland printhead with the head rank numbers. It arrived two days later and I followed the service manual to the letter installing it (and yes, I did have the sub and main power off and the printer unplugged during the entire installation). However, when I got to the step where the manual said to check the thermistor, it read 0C/32F. :frustrated: Of course when you turn the machine on it read "temperature too low" because the head thermistor isn't reading properly. Did I get a bad head? This is the extent of my technical capability! I'm not sure what to do next, other than calling the Roland tech and paying out the behind to get him here. I tried cleaning the contacts on the ribbon cables that go to the head and they look to be in good condition (no cracks, dry rotting, etc.). Anyone have any suggestions?

madsign25

temp to low

Check head rank ,check head cable the silver line part are not dirt or damaged if you have another one try it. note if there any drop ink on the head board.

racerchick72

Check head rank ,check head cable the silver line part are not dirt or damaged if you have another one try it. note if there any drop ink on the head board.

Have checked to verify that the head rank is correct; cleaned head cable connectors using isopropyl alcohol very gently. No ink drops on the head board. Thermistor still shows 0c/32f.

madsign25

Back the old head then check thermistor reading if get correct reading mean new head damage .back the head to the source. For me if there's no way to back the head (no warranty) I will try replace the head board from old head to new .

racerchick72

Perhaps have problem solved...

Think we have the problem narrowed down to a blown fuse on the main board (fuse f2, to be specific). Have a technician coming tomorrow to install the new fuse. *fingers crossed!*