• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540 cutting by cropmark problem

Velocity

I am printing images to be laminated and cut out at another time.

When I return the next day and load the same image to cut it cuts as if the image was an inch to the left or just off the image.

if I print and cut the image no problem.

This also seems to happen more often on large images.

anyone have an idea for a fix?

Roland SP-540 firmware 6.3
Running Flexi8 8.1v1 build 1115

Hand cutting these images is killing my knees. LOL

Thanks for any information.

KR3signguy

Do you think it's the software, cutter or the laminator is stretching the print.

Is the cutter slipping on the lam?

If the print size is off from lamination stretching or slight skewing.Make a hairline border around the whole thing, print>lam and then re-measure and then adjust your cut file to that.
It's usually the case for me.

Are you sending to PD manager as separate jobs? Or when you go to cut do you send as contour only. Check default job properties & make sure panel size & position are the same. Also check print - cut alignment on the 540

mediaman

KR3,

Stretching or skewing shouldn't matter with the 540 as Roland touts their Quadralign system with 4 crop marks that - allegedly - will compensate for skewing during lamination.

Velocity,
I'd call the dealer and have them make it right or at least give you advice.

high impact

I agree with Cinemasign - It will do this everytime if your panel size OR position is different from when you printed. This can easily be the case since you are cutting next day.

Dont' ask me how I know...;-)

Velocity

Thanks for the responses, I will burn through some scrap material and see if I can isolate what is exactly happening. It just burns my butt to waist a 6 foot print to some kind of allignment issue.

Sabre

Please note that all of my advice will be based on an extremely limited amount of experience compared to other members here....

We happen to be using the same Printer/Software and have ran into that issue on occasion as well. The remedy I am accustomed to is leaving Flexi open on it's <Rip/Print> window (acknowledging it locks you out of working in Flexi) and opening another instance of Flexisign to continue working on other projects. I felt like it was a poor workaround and wasn't really pleased with leaving it as my solution, but since then I haven't blown any cut jobs. When it's time to cut, I simply go back into Flexi and flip it to Contour only and send again. I have gotten away with it working just fine as long as I dont close the project at the end of the day and reopen it (which often works), but if I 100% can't afford any screwups I just leave it open.

Good luck!

customsticker

You need to get into service mode and mess with the crop mark adjustment.

There is no other way to set these printers straight.

Print, reload and cut, see how far it is off, adjust the scan and feed.

Your dealer should be able to do this, my cutting is now off less than 1/16", even on a full run of decals, ~39" x 54".